Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Online

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Purchasing Online

An option and I make no statement as to how good an idea this is, when I had some lower CLs, I put a down payment on account and paid the balance with a credit card.

Food for thought?
Message 21 of 35
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Does this place not have special financing? If not maybe find a cheaper couchSmiley Wink
Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PURCHASING ONLINE

Didn't know they sold sofas lol
Message 23 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really like their leather sofas, very high quality with nifty features

Message 24 of 35
fuzzle
Regular Contributor

offer $1500, probably cost $100 to make in China, though hauling it around adds something

Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

The $2,000 was with $200 off and I got a nice discount off their white glove delivery and set up.

This sofa is high quality leather, electric foot rest and headrest and other home theatre gadgets and its a 3 seater
Message 26 of 35
SBR249
Established Contributor

If you absolutely must purchase this couch now, you can look into whether you can buy a gift card with some other form of payment like a debit card or another credit card and charge the remainder to your credit card. But the problem with that approach is that for items not entirely charged to a single card, you are unlikely to get protections like extende warranty, etc.

Otherwise, you can try apping for an AmEx? I know that Amex will add prepayments to your CL so even if you get less than $2K you can bump that up to what you need. AmEx will also pre-approve purchases higher than your nominal limit if you ask ahead of time. 

Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SBR249 wrote:

If you absolutely must purchase this couch now, you can look into whether you can buy a gift card with some other form of payment like a debit card or another credit card and charge the remainder to your credit card. But the problem with that approach is that for items not entirely charged to a single card, you are unlikely to get protections like extende warranty, etc.

Otherwise, you can try apping for an AmEx? I know that Amex will add prepayments to your CL so even if you get less than $2K you can bump that up to what you need. AmEx will also pre-approve purchases higher than your nominal limit if you ask ahead of time. 

I got approved for AMX Magnet earlier today with $2000 CL and early this evening I signed up for a Blue Business Cash card with $7,000 CL, I guess I could charge the sofa to that card, technically part of the sofa is a business expense as I run a home business..

How do I figure what the minimum payment is on any given credit card? Thanks

Message 28 of 35
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Sorry if this is redundant, didnt read all replies. 

Most (maybe all) of my CC agreements state there is no penalty for going over my limit. I assume they will either deny the charge or raise my limit to meet demand. Call and see. YMMV. 

Message 29 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@SBR249 wrote:

I got approved for AMX Magnet earlier today with $2000 CL and early this evening I signed up for a Blue Business Cash card with $7,000 CL, I guess I could charge the sofa to that card, technically part of the sofa is a business expense as I run a home business..

How do I figure what the minimum payment is on any given credit card? Thanks

Minimum payment was spelled out in the terms and conditions. 

Its the the greater of $35 or 1% of the new balance including any fees but it’s highly not recommended to pay minimum with AMEX, they’re known to slash limits when you throw a large balance on and then do minimum payments. 

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.