Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QS1 $300 SL - Will this ever increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

QS1 $300 SL - Will this ever increase?

Whenever i started working on my credit almost a year ago, i was pre-approved for a Cap One QS1 with a $300 SL and it was pretty much the only card I could get at the time. From what I’ve seen and read on the forums this is a bucketed account. I’m curious if this will ever grow and have a limit of $2,500+? Has any had experience with this?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: QS1 $300 SL - Will this ever increase?

@Anonymous wrote:
Whenever i started working on my credit almost a year ago, i was pre-approved for a Cap One QS1 with a $300 SL and it was pretty much the only card I could get at the time. From what I’ve seen and read on the forums this is a bucketed account. I’m curious if this will ever grow and have a limit of $2,500+? Has any had experience with this?

How many times have you asked for increase, did you ever get one and if so, how long ago? 

Also, how much spend are you putting on this card? 

Message 2 of 14
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

The short answer is, if you put ALL your spend through this card and PIF for several years, then MAYBE. However it seems the majority of the time that’s just not the case, and IMO not worth the trouble once you have better cards. I got rid of mine after a year (opened at $300, closed at $500).

Message 3 of 14
cjc6464
New Contributor

I have had mine for about 2 years. I have tried PIF many times, they just will not budge on my $500 CL. I just paid the AF in June so I will probably hold out till then and try to do a PC to QS.

UTL= 5%
Chase Freedom Flex- $700
Navy Federal More Rewards Amex- $8,500
Navy Federal Cash Rewards- $1,000
PenFed Power Cash- $2,500
Macys- $800
Shell Mastercard- $800
Discover- $1,000
USAA Rewards Amex-$6,000
Best Buy-$6,000
AMEX BCP- $1,000
Target Redcard- $300
Navy Federal PLOC- $2,000
Penfed Auto- 4.04%
Discover Student Loan- 27k @ 26K
Message 4 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Most likely "bucketed" and won't grow without a ton of spend and payoff. probably not worth the effortSmiley Indifferent JMHO

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios The app says I’m due for an auto increase next month to $500, which will be the first increase on it. When i first got it I was spending a good bit on it and pay it weekly so it’d have a $0 balance by the time the statement came around.
Message 6 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Remedios The app says I’m due for an auto increase next month to $500, which will be the first increase on it. When i first got it I was spending a good bit on it and pay it weekly so it’d have a $0 balance by the time the statement came around.

It's really impossible to tell, @Anonymous 

Most don't grow, but there is an exception to every rule, yours may be it 

Best thing you can do is don't get too attached to it. Use it to your benefit, hopefully get that CLI, and once card is past being useful, you'll be ready for the next step in credit building. 

Cap One starter cards are just that, starter cards. 

Good luck 

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems as though it’ll take a lot of effort to get this increased from the few answers I’ve seen. I have other cards with $2,000 limits (AMEX, Chase and Discover) and have been using those for the most part lately. I just didn’t want to potentially have to close one of my oldest accounts since that’s what everyone ends up doing. I’ll just have to wait it out and see though Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Too much is put on not closing your oldest account. If its like 10 years, sure, i wouldnt really close it but if there is only a year or two , or less, difference, it will report up to 10 years or more so i would think more on closing it. Definetely work your Amex and Disco. They have most growth potentialSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Seems as though it’ll take a lot of effort to get this increased from the few answers I’ve seen. I have other cards with $2,000 limits (AMEX, Chase and Discover) and have been using those for the most part lately. I just didn’t want to potentially have to close one of my oldest accounts since that’s what everyone ends up doing. I’ll just have to wait it out and see though Smiley Happy

If its a no annual fee?, and your oldest card. Just keep it open and put a small charge on it every 6 months to keep it active.

Unless you have a specific reason to close it. again MHO.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.