Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QS1>QS and Venture1>Venture Upgrade...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

QS1>QS and Venture1>Venture Upgrade...

Greetings Forum

I just upgraded my QS1 to QS and my Venture1 to Venture. Was this a wise move? I know it somewhat depends on how I use them and what I care more about(miles v/s cash rewards) but overall...was this a good move?

Thanks in advance for your input!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QS1>QS and Venture1>Venture Upgrade...

@Anonymous wrote:

Greetings Forum

I just upgraded my QS1 to QS and my Venture1 to Venture. Was this a wise move? I know it somewhat depends on how I use them and what I care more about(miles v/s cash rewards) but overall...was this a good move?

Thanks in advance for your input!!

Congrats on the upgrades. In terms of the QS1 to QS I feel it was a wise move as the QS is a better card with no AF. In terms of the Venture 1 to Venture...like you said, that depends on how you use the card. I personally feel that the Venture and its copycat the Barclaycard Arrival + are only good for the first year due to sign up bonus miles and the waved annual fee. After that first year, you have to spend $2950 ($2,950 x 2 miles = 5,900 miles = $59 annual fee) just to break even with the annual fee. As has been stated here in the past, the Citi Double Cash gives you 2% for every dollar spent with no annual fee.  So, since you upgraded you likely did not receive the 40,000 bonus miles (worth $400 towards travel) and you will probably get hit with the $59 AF right away. 

I have a Venture 1 as Capital One forced the upgrade (had No Hassle Rewards before) but I much prefer cash back. I don't change it to QA because I already have far too many cash back cards. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QS1>QS and Venture1>Venture Upgrade...

Thanks for your input on this. I was kinda thinking along the same lines as you stated. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything here. Thanks againSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.