Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUESTION ABOUT CHASE MILITARY MASTER CARD AND STAR CARD

tag
nathan
Frequent Contributor

QUESTION ABOUT CHASE MILITARY MASTER CARD AND STAR CARD

Does this card report as two separate tl, that is, the star card and the mc. I am asking because i do not have any store card on my report and was just wondering if the two trade lines means it will report as such to the cra. I just got approved for 3k. If you have to make two separate payments to chase and aafes depending on where you use the card, this makes it seem like even though you have one card, it is two trade lines. Please share your experience. I tried to ask a chase csr during activation, but she seemed ignorant about what i was talking about.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

Re: QUESTION ABOUT CHASE MILITARY MASTER CARD AND STAR CARD

@nathan wrote:
Does this card report as two separate tl, that is, the star card and the mc. I am asking because i do not have any store card on my report and was just wondering if the two trade lines means it will report as such to the cra. I just got approved for 3k. If you have to make two separate payments to chase and aafes depending on where you use the card, this makes it seem like even though you have one card, it is two trade lines. Please share your experience. I tried to ask a chase csr during activation, but she seemed ignorant about what i was talking about.

I have had this CC since May.  If you got approved for both cards you will have two different numbers on one card.  The big number will be for the MC and the little one under it will be for your Military Star acct.  You need to go to aafes.com to register you Military star acct if you have the number at the bottom of your card.  You use chase.com to pay the MC and aafes.com to pay the Star acct.  Keep in mind, AAFES will automatically use the Star acct in you use in in any AAFES facility.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
treski
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm ... I already have the Star Card.  I'm thinking of apping for the combined Mastercard.

What were your scores and what did they pull, if you don't mind??

Thanks!

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 3 of 4
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

@treski wrote:

Hmmm ... I already have the Star Card.  I'm thinking of apping for the combined Mastercard.

What were your scores and what did they pull, if you don't mind??

Thanks!

They pulled EX on 16 Apr.  My scores from that time is in my sig.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.