Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUESTION CARE CREDIT??

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

QUESTION CARE CREDIT??

i was thinking about applying for care credit as i have an expensive dental procedure coming up. my scores are in the high 600"s almost 700, but i have ALOT of INQS on my EQ CR. does anyone know which CRA they usually pull from or if care credit is INQ sensentive. has anyone been approved for this card with alot of INQS on file. i only have a couple INQS on Ex and Tu. thanks for any insight you guys can provide.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QUESTION CARE CREDIT??

@gettnthere wrote:

i was thinking about applying for care credit as i have an expensive dental procedure coming up. my scores are in the high 600"s almost 700, but i have ALOT of INQS on my EQ CR. does anyone know which CRA they usually pull from or if care credit is INQ sensentive. has anyone been approved for this card with alot of INQS on file. i only have a couple INQS on Ex and Tu. thanks for any insight you guys can provide.

I believe TU, and I was approved for $3k with a ~680 about a year ago, with an old open collection. It was 4x my highest CL at the time, and no recon was needed. I think I may have had 4? inq at the time on TU?

Relatively generous card, and after paying it off, it's an absolutely wonderful "sock drawer" card. Kind of hard to find stuff to put on it though (special toothpaste for me), to keep it active.

Message 2 of 13
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

They seem to always pull EQ. Also ask for atleast double what you need. 

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 13
jwally

I applied today to cover a dental procedure for my wife. I asked for 2800 and was approved for 2200, but I was told in 24 hours I could call and speak to a credit analyst for a CLI. They pulled Trasunion and I have a current score of 633 per equifax 3n1 report and 6 inquires 27% utilization. I was approved instantly after answering a few questions online to verify my identity.

Message 4 of 13
namvet
Established Contributor

Care credit is a EQ puller. Too many recent inq can be a problem for them.

Message 5 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

We sort of need to do better on who pulls what on this forum if we're going to talk about it at all: Care Credit pulls either EQ or TU as of 12/2011, and possibly earlier.

This is easily validatable out of any of the credit pulls databases.  Much like underwriting criteria changes, lender selection of bureau to pull can and does as well.

        
Message 6 of 13
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Thanks for the advice guys. I was wanting to apply but if they pull EQ I don't think id get anywhere with them as I have to many INQS on that one, but if they pull TU id be golden as I have only 1 on that one. Can anyone verify that they have pulled TU in Alabama or does anyone know how I can find out?

Message 7 of 13
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

If you are looking to know who pulls what where, as well as levels of success, check out www.whogavemecredit.com.

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 8 of 13
gettnthere
Established Contributor

oh yea i forgot about that website, it seems like GE is a big TU puller for my state so i might just get my highest limit yet with this card, but im still trying to decide if its worth it or not

Message 9 of 13
Smug
Established Contributor

TU always for me.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.