cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUESTION REGARDING MY NEW DISCOVER IT CARD

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

QUESTION REGARDING MY NEW DISCOVER IT CARD

So I received my new Discover it Cash Back credit card.   I have used it about seven times.   Two restaurants for the 5 percent and other  items for the 1 per cent cash back.  My Cap One Quicksilver shows the cash back rewards as soon as the charge posts.   Nothing is showing on my Discover card, not for regular purchases and not for the 5 percent category purchases.  Is that normal or is it handled differently than what Cap One does?  

Oh, and it's great I receive the TU FICO score.  They just posted mine, and I've gone up 3 points in the last two weeks since I pulled it.  I love that service with the card.

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC'd to Quicksilver (9/19) - $600 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $1500 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA (6/19) - $700 CL - (Doubles to $1400 CL 12/19)
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $1000 CL

Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528
Experian FICO Score - 11/2019: 653
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Established Contributor

Re: QUESTION REGARDING MY NEW DISCOVER IT CARD

I do believe that cashback will show up once your statement generates.  Enjoy your Discover!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 15k = DCVR MILES 7k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 9k, 14k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 2 of 21
Senior Contributor

@Jannelo wrote:

So I received my new Discover it Cash Back credit card.   I have used it about seven times.   Two restaurants for the 5 percent and other  items for the 1 per cent cash back.  My Cap One Quicksilver shows the cash back rewards as soon as the charge posts.   Nothing is showing on my Discover card, not for regular purchases and not for the 5 percent category purchases.  Is that normal or is it handled differently than what Cap One does?  

Oh, and it's great I received the TU FICO score.  They just posted mine, and I've one up 3 points in the last two weeks since I pulled it.  I love that service with the card.

You will see your cash back once the statement cuts.   Discover gives you your cash back once a month. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean

Message 3 of 21
Regular Contributor

Thanks!

Open Credit Cards:

Message 4 of 21
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Ive noticed if you view your statement via pdf they will show all your spend and what category. Pretty cool. Only thing i wish charges would post faster but its a great cardSmiley Happy
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
!
Message 5 of 21
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Another nice thing you may not know is that just like CapOne, you can opt to apply some or all of your monthly cash back toward your minimum payment.

Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex

Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020
(Lol so much for that grand plan...)
Message 6 of 21
Frequent Contributor

You can see how much cashback has accrued by clicking on the arrow to the right of the 5% bonus category.

This is how it looks in the app for example :

Jul-Sep
Restaurant/PayPal >
Message 7 of 21
Regular Contributor

I thought  I had this on the card, which advertised 0% Intro APR for 14 months on purchases and balance transfers. 3% Intro Balance Transfer Fee until December 10, 2019.

I don't.  That goes to show you how I was barely over the line to be approved for an unsecured card.   What my offer is:   "APR for Balance Transfers - 10.99% intro APR for six months from date of first transfer, for transfers that post to your account by 12/10/2019."   No introductory 0% APR for 14 months, nor even six months.

It's okay.  I don't need to transfer a balance, and I don't carry any balances on my credit cards. Although, the 0% Intro APR for 14 months would have been a nice feature to have in case I wanted to.   But that shows me how very lucky I was to even be approved at all.

Open Credit Cards:

Message 8 of 21
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

What matters is that you’re in, and now you can tend it and let it grow while enjoying the perks Smiley Happy

Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex

Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020
(Lol so much for that grand plan...)
Message 9 of 21
Established Contributor

I've noticed this too. My Chase account shows the points as soon as the purchase has been processed whereas Discover shows it at the statement date. Still, love their points and I've got A LOT of value out of it in just my first four months with them. I love it and my card design gets all the compliments Smiley Very Happy

AU

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 683
Goal Score: 751

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.