cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quad-Fecta CB Strategy with 2.62% Min on Everything...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quad-Fecta CB Strategy with 2.62% Min on Everything...

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not really sure what further input you're seeking here? You seem to have your mind made up and 2.62% obviously is a great base reward rate, and if you don't mind managing the several other cards to eek out every penny, go for it. It's up to you, no one else can decide how much complexity you are willing to handle.

I guess I am looking for anyone to play "devils advocate" on why travel might be better than cash back.  If our annual spending nets us $650 in cash back annually and we use that money for flights we are $850 out of pocket.  Would pushing all our rewards towards travel points get us closer to covering more of the cost...?  We dont use the lounges or any of the other perks.  It would just be to offest the cost of the tickets.

Message 11 of 12
quickstrike
Valued Member

Re: Quad-Fecta CB Strategy with 2.62% Min on Everything...

Just a thought...why not throw in something like the Chase Freedom or Chase Ink (if you have a business) to get 5% back.  They earn UR points which you can accumulate and are flexible enough to redeem for cash or at least have your foot halfway through the door in case you decide the points for travel are more worth it.  That way you can just get a CSP or CSR if you want to use the points for travel.

I currently have the Bofa Cash and Premium travel cards as well.  But am using my Freedom and Ink cards as sort of a 'travel bank'.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.