Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question For Amex Blue Customers

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Question For Amex Blue Customers

I have the Blue with no annual fee. There is an offer on my screen to upgrade to either the blue cash or the preferred, with an annual fee of $75. Apparently you get 6% cash back at supermarkets, 3% cash back at gas stations and department stores, and 1% back everywhere else. My question is, if it says get a decision in less than 60 seconds, does that mean a HARD will be done even though it says account number will not change?  IF approved card will arrive in 7 - 10 days

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Question For Amex Blue Customers

I thought that if you upgraded, it was a soft, but the 60 second thing raises an eyebrow. I have a few of those offers too so why do they need 60 seconds?

Message 2 of 5
wajj
Contributor

@plasticguy wrote:

I have the Blue with no annual fee. There is an offer on my screen to upgrade to either the blue cash or the preferred, with an annual fee of $75. Apparently you get 6% cash back at supermarkets, 3% cash back at gas stations and department stores, and 1% back everywhere else. My question is, if it says get a decision in less than 60 seconds, does that mean a HARD will be done even though it says account number will not change?  IF approved card will arrive in 7 - 10 days

I clicked on the upgrade ro Blue Cash Preferred.  I had the original Blue Cash for slightly over 2 years.  Approval for the upgrade went through in under a minute with no hard pull.

My belief (unsubstantied but based on what I have read and my interactions with AMEX) is that your upgrade will be automatic provided you have had the card you are upgrading long enough (I believe 13 months) and have had no negatives with AMEX.

Message 3 of 5
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info. I should stick to my plan and have no AF cardsSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 5
amp0804
Regular Contributor

Even if it's a product change or an upgrade from a current card they always review internally. I love my blue. I have a citi dividend card but I still use my blue for everything. Trying to accumulate enough points for a trip to bora bora Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.