Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Re: Crown Jewelers

tag
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: Question Re: Crown Jewelers

forevergroovy wrote:

I was just giving my opinion. My scores were in lhe low 400's not long ago, but I will just wait it out(high 500's now). I finally got several cards, and bought no junk!

One person's junk is another person's treasure. Smiley Wink

Those of us who have to rebuild all do so in the ways that work best for us - everyone's different. Congrats on the success you've had with your methods! 

OP - glad you got the issue resolved the way you wanted.  Smiley Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get low 400's to high 500's?  Did something fall off your report.  I agree with the above post, everyones situation is different and you just need to evaluate yours and see what is best.  Crown Jewlers is great opportunity for most people below 550 I would say.
Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just waited. I have had a few things fall off since then and I have built up my current accounts more. It takes time, but it was not that long before I could get a card that did not make me buy "stuff" to build my credit. I still have a good ways to go, but I will not waste my money while I rebuild.
Message 13 of 30
orky626
New Contributor

Fender, I started in the high 400s and low 500s in June of '08.  My scores have improved tremendously.  I have baddies such as lates, collections, and both a judgement and a lien.  I have increased my score significantly just by  reducing my utilization.  All my cards were previously maxed out. Now i'm down to under 10% utilization.
Equifax: 656
Experian:645
Transunion:659
Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah but you had credit already.  I had NO credit when I began with crownjewlers.  Like I said you really have to evaluate your own personal situation.

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. You still have all of that negative on your report? How many points have you gained by just paying off cards? That is what I am doing now. It is all I can do to bring my score up more, other than wait for a few last things to fall off.
Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had credit all right....BAD CREDIT. IT was horrible!! I could get nothing at first, but I finally got orchard and then a few others. I just waited until things started to drop.
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant wait for crap1 and amex to drop!  I still got yeeeears of waiting thou Smiley Sad
Message 18 of 30
orky626
New Contributor

Forevergroovy, Yup i have all that negative stuff still on my credit.  My most recent late was in June 08 on 2 CC.

I was fully maxed out on the following cards:

DOCFCU Visa: 2,000 CL

Aspire Visa: 750 CL

Orchard Bank: 300 CL

Capital One: 300 CL

First Premiere: 275 CL

Since then, I have paid everything off  and received a 2,000 credit limit increase on the DOCFCU Visa.  I only have a $400 balance on that card.  I've gained up to 125 points in the past 6 months just from decreasing my utilization.

Equifax: 656
Experian:645
Transunion:659
Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! That is exciting. I hope to pay my cards off by summer if nothing goes wrong. I owe close to $4000 total.
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.