Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Re: Crown Jewelers

tag
orky626
New Contributor

Re: Question Re: Crown Jewelers

The collections, judgment, and lien are paid just trying to GW all of them off of my report.  Don't think my score is gonna jump too much more with them being on my reports.  My plan is to reach mid 700s but I may have to wait until some of my baddies fall off.
Equifax: 656
Experian:645
Transunion:659
Message 21 of 30
daisy245
Contributor

I was approved with a $2500 cl and I purchased a pair of $40 earrings.  I paid my down payment and the shipping.  I know they will start to report now since I have ordered, but I am confused about some of the other stuff.  Do I have to buy something every month for them to report.  I only have a $30 balance and from what I have read you pay $25/month or 5 % per month.  Or do they report as long as you order something within 6 months?  Please clarify, I am confused.
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daisy245 wrote:
I was approved with a $2500 cl and I purchased a pair of $40 earrings.  I paid my down payment and the shipping.  I know they will start to report now since I have ordered, but I am confused about some of the other stuff.  Do I have to buy something every month for them to report.  I only have a $30 balance and from what I have read you pay $25/month or 5 % per month.  Or do they report as long as you order something within 6 months?  Please clarify, I am confused.

You don't have to make a purchase every month. As long as you made the one purchase, it will report to TU and EX. If they decide to close for inactivity later, they will usually send an email saying to either use the card within 30 days or they will close it.
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

mines been reporting for 8 months now  Smiley Happy

I MIGHT buy something if they tell me they will close due to inactivity... they would prolly have to increase my CL substancially for me to do it though..

Message 24 of 30
n2win
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You don't have to make a purchase every month. As long as you made the one purchase, it will report to TU and EX. If they decide to close for inactivity later, they will usually send an email saying to either use the card within 30 days or they will close it.

Great information, very helpful, thank you!

Smiley Happy

Goal: acquire and use Credit Cards, scores in the 700's in 2009
05/04/08 FICOS: EQ = 626; TU = 636: EX = 623
06/21/09 FICOS: EQ = 692; TU = 729; EX = 731 (CCT FAKO)
10/03/11 FICO EQ = 722 (CCT EQ = 749)
Message 25 of 30
moonman
Frequent Contributor

I opened a crown jewelers account in march of last year and ordered a small trinklet and paid it in full on my first statement(april).I nevered ordered anything since then but when i pulled my credit report a few weeks ago the account was closed in august 2008(it just said closed) but i never recieved an email stating the closure of my account but if you never buy anything after the first purchase, they will eventually will close your account.

Message Edited by moonman on 12-14-2008 06:01 PM
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

well maybe i will order something at the 18 month mark.. I can really use the limit to counter my high charge offs.
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@moonman wrote:

I opened a crown jewelers account in march of last year and ordered a small trinklet and paid it in full on my first statement(april).I nevered ordered anything since then but when i pulled my credit report a few weeks ago the account was closed in august 2008(it just said closed) but i never recieved an email stating the closure of my account but if you never buy anything after the first purchase, they will eventually will close your account.

Anything I get from them goes in my spam folder.

I opened one in June 07, made a purchase Nov 07. It is still reporting and every so often they will send emails regarding discounts on down payments and other stuff I am not interested in at this point. It did it's job. Just reporting what several other's have said about them sending the email about the closure. I guess it's another case of YMMV.

Message 28 of 30
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

I know people talk about what crap CJ's stuff is, and I'm no jewelry expert, but I bought a small starfish pendant for my 14 year old daughter, and she LOVES it.  It is just plain gold, with some starfishy bumpy detailing (does that make sense) and I don't think it looks cheap.  Now would I go and buy something diamond from there?  NO.  But for a small gift that runs about $50, I thought it was quite nice and MUCH nicer than I expected.
Message 29 of 30
moonman
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@moonman wrote:

Anything I get from them goes in my spam folder.

I opened one in June 07, made a purchase Nov 07. It is still reporting and every so often they will send emails regarding discounts on down payments and other stuff I am not interested in at this point. It did it's job. Just reporting what several other's have said about them sending the email about the closure. I guess it's another case of YMMV.

you're right about doing it's job because i was no mad because i was never goingto waste my time to order anything again from them  even though a store is about 30 minutes away from me.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.