Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Re: Crown Jewelers

tag
orky626
New Contributor

Question Re: Crown Jewelers

I applied for a crown jewelers card today to help increase my credit score. I should be receiving my approval sometime tomorrow by email.  I've heard that you have to make a purchase before it reports.  I'm having second thoughts about the card and I don't know if I wan't it anymore since you have to make a purchase every six months or they will close the account.

If I never order anything and they close the account, will it show on my report as account closed, being that they never report unless you order something and make a payment.  I was trying to get away with it not reporting at all and having them just close the account.

Equifax: 656
Experian:645
Transunion:659
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question Re: Crown Jewelers

Ive been wondering this, im on my 6th month now and really dont want to order anything else!  It kind of like annual fee time, but twice a year instead of once!!  At least you get something for it i suppose.. junk.. but something!

Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

This card seems like a waste to me. I looked around the site and decided there is no way I am wasting my hard earned money buying that junk jewelry. I am shocked at how many do.
Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It definitely helped me, 6 months ago I needed it, no one else would give me credit and it had a big positive affect.  Now however, my scores are 600+ instead of 468 and I just dont need it that bad.
Message 4 of 30
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

I think this card has helped me out alot. To some people this is the ONLY card they can get to help them rebuild. Ok so its not Kay's or Jared's. But it is something to help you get your score up to get your foot in the door with other ccc.

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

But you have to buy overpriced junk. I work too hard for my money. I would rather wait until I could get something else like orchard or whatever. That is just me, though. I see lots of people doing it.
Message 6 of 30
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

If it's not for you, it's not for you but from reading these boards this card has apparently helped alot of people who were not in a position to get even a secured card.  Apparently they give a 2.5k limit and there's no credit pull involved, in return they want you to purchase.  Most people seem to just buy something cheap so they can get them to report the payment history to the CRAs.  Now I agree, the stuff on there does not look like good quality but most people use the card as a means to an end (to rebuild and then move on to bigger and better things).  My two cents.
Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

The cost of that junk is nothing compared to the cost of not having credit or haveing outrageous interest.  This is cheap credit compared to the many super-sub prime cards many people here can only get.  This is only meant for people with low scores who can not obtain credit elsewhere.

Message 8 of 30
orky626
New Contributor

I was told by a crown jeweler rep to not activate my card and never purchase anything and they would eventually close the account and it will never report on my credit report.  Phew!
Equifax: 656
Experian:645
Transunion:659
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just giving my opinion. My scores were in lhe low 400's not long ago, but I will just wait it out(high 500's now). I finally got several cards, and bought no junk!

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.