Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Re: PC'ing Cap One Platinum MC

tag
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

Question Re: PC'ing Cap One Platinum MC

I've seen it mentioned quite a bit on here about the PC link for Cap One.  I never get an offer when I click on the link for my accounts.  Someone said to call them and request a PC from my Platinum MC to Quicksilver.  I see a lot of people on here doing it within a few months or six months of having the card.   I have two questions.  It is a rebuilder card.  How are people able to PC their Cap One Platinum so quickly to a prime CC?  I thought you had to have really good credit to qualify for a Cap One Quicksilver.  That's question  number one.

Question two is I am going to hit my twelfth month with the Platinum in August.  So I will be eligible to request a CLI, since it will have been six months since my credit steps CLI.  Even if I am eligible to PC to Quicksilver, should I wait until after I ask for a CLI or is it fine to request the PC now?  Of course, that's if I'm even eligible, which I doubt I am.  Maybe other people just had high scores when they requested a product change from the Cap One Platinum.

My FICO scores as of today:

Experian - 638

Equifax -  617

TransUnion -  624

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Question Re: PC'ing Cap One Platinum MC

@Jannelo wrote:

I've seen it mentioned quite a bit on here about the PC link for Cap One.  I never get an offer when I click on the link for my accounts.  Someone said to call them and request a PC from my Platinum MC to Quicksilver.  I see a lot of people on here doing it within a few months or six months of having the card.   I have two questions.  It is a rebuilder card.  How are people able to PC their Cap One Platinum so quickly to a prime CC?  I thought you had to have really good credit to qualify for a Cap One Quicksilver.  That's question  number one.

Question two is I am going to hit my twelfth month with the Platinum in August.  So I will be eligible to request a CLI, since it will have been six months since my credit steps CLI.  Even if I am eligible to PC to Quicksilver, should I wait until after I ask for a CLI or is it fine to request the PC now?  Of course, that's if I'm even eligible, which I doubt I am.  Maybe other people just had high scores when they requested a product change from the Cap One Platinum.

My FICO scores as of today:

Experian - 638

Equifax -  617

TransUnion -  624

The PC'd Quicksilver will still have the same account number and CL as the Platinum, and be a bucketed card, so it won't be a true Quicksilver, but you'll still get the cash back benefits. Not sure what they require to qualify for PCing. I don't think the PC will affect the CLI.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in the same boat as you. After about 4 months, I was able to product change to a QS using the link. My scores were slightly higher at around ~630 being my lowest with TU. PCs work a bit differently than an approval. You have an account already. You are just seeing if you change account terms and rewards to the discretion of the creditor.

Whats your CL? I had 1K when I PC’ed to a QS. Any lates or balances being carried? Mine had been PIF every month before the PC.

Hope my data helps a bit. Whatever you do, DO NOT get the QS1 or you will have that AF forever.
Message 3 of 10
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was in the same boat as you. After about 4 months, I was able to product change to a QS using the link. My scores were slightly higher at around ~630 being my lowest with TU. PCs work a bit differently than an approval. You have an account already. You are just seeing if you change account terms and rewards to the discretion of the creditor.

Whats your CL? I had 1K when I PC’ed to a QS. Any lates or balances being carried? Mine had been PIF every month before the PC.

Hope my data helps a bit. Whatever you do, DO NOT get the QS1 or you will have that AF forever.

Thanks.

My CL is $500.  The SL was $300 last August.    It has a perfect payment record of PIF.  No lates.  I've let it report a tiny balance a couple times of 1 percent utilization, but  immediately paid it off after the statement cut the two times I did that.   I make several payments on the card during the month before the due date.

Too late.  I do have a Quicksilver 1 already.  LOL  I apped for that six months after the Platinum.  But I don't regret it. My scores were in the 520s last August.  I owed Cap One over 4,000 on old charged-offs (a Platinum (small balance now paid off)  and a Quicksilver 1 (over halfway paid off now).  So when they approved me for the Quicksilver 1, with a $1,000 SL, I was beyond appreciative.  It's now $1,100.   That SL gave me my dignity back in a way.  I don't care about the AF.  It is serving me for what I need right now.  I'm getting ready to hit the CLI credit steps to $1500 CL in two months.

Maybe I will wait until I get my CLI after August.  In another month or so, my scores should be higher.  Then I will check the link again.  If  nothing, I will call them and see if I can PC it.  I would like the 1.5 cash back on it. 

Open Credit Cards:

Message 4 of 10
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

This link works to PC from Platinum or QS1 to a non AF QS. It will not change anything else about your account.

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 5 of 10
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

This link works to PC from Platinum or QS1 to a non AF QS. It will not change anything else about your account.

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

No offer.  It just brings me to  my accounts:   Platinum, Quicksilver 1, and my car loan. 

Open Credit Cards:

Message 6 of 10
FICOnoob2020
Valued Member

@mikesonthemend wrote:

I just tried this and it worked. 

PCed a 5-month old non-AF Platinum card to a non-AF Quicksilver. 

Same limit, APR, and card number.  I guess it will be another Mastercard.  New plastic with updated expiration and security code on the way.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@FICOnoob2020 wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

I just tried this and it worked. 

PCed a 5-month old non-AF Platinum card to a non-AF Quicksilver. 

Same limit, APR, and card number.  I guess it will be another Mastercard.  New plastic with updated expiration and security code on the way.

Thanks!

Congratulations on your upgrade!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Plat PC'd around the 1 year mark. However, everything is the same except a shiny card with 1.5% benefits. It's still considered a Platinum and even says so on the bask of the QS.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your upgrade! 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.