Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Refund Credit

tag
busted2
New Contributor

Question: Refund Credit

I thought their was one more screen to confirm a $3000 online purchase. It turned out I was on the confirm purchase screen and so when I clicked I bought it. 

Full refund less small fee is permited no hassle at all. No buyer remorse on my part either. Just a one click error.

My only question is does a purchase then quick refund look fraudish or negative in some way to the CC company or anyone else?

Item is jewelry if that is relevant. Vendor very very nice about it.

Thank you, I know my questions are sometimes remedial. 👍🏻

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Question: Refund Credit

Probably depends on the issuer, the specific card and history with the lender, but in general I would only worry in two situations:

1) The spend was used to get a SUB, and the item was returned after the SUB was received (some issuers would claw back)

2) Happens a lot

If this is just once, then it probably will be taken as just a mistake.

Message 2 of 5
busted2
New Contributor

longtime very insightful

no SUB in play, no benefits received, pure good faith type error but I have a one time history prior when a vendor erroneously refunded my card back six months ago, system error their end, otherwise no other anomilies in 5 years

anyway, big thank you

Message 3 of 5
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

I'd say you're fine if you haven't heard from the card issuer via a call or text yet.  If you log onto your account, doesn't it give you a message or anything abnormal?  Fraudsters don't usually give refunds, this probably didn't trigger anything in their system. 

Message 4 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Personally would not worry yourself   ... **BLEEP** happens !

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.