cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question.. What do I do?

tag
creditmadness

Question.. What do I do?

I made a payment about a week ago to Chase from my Debit card of $150. The payment went through and the money was subtracted from my Chase balance total but I never was charged on my debit card.... Should I contact Chase and ask them about it?  I don't want them to charge me weeks down the road when I don't have $150 in my debit card..  Or maybe it takes longer to come out of my bank?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BMW_M-Series
New Contributor

Re: Question.. What do I do?

it takes longer to come out of your bank than to post to your credit card. although if its been longer than 3-5 business days from posted to your credit card and it still hasnt came out of your bank then i would make a call if this is your first payment. im sure it isnt a problem and will come out but if its been past 5 days it wouldnt hurt to give them a call

Chase Sapphire Preferred - American Express Platinum - American Express PRG -American Express SPG -American Express BCP - BofA Cash Rewards Visa Siggy - Citi TYP - Discover IT - PenFed Gold

In Garden
Message 2 of 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Are you saying you paid Chase from your debit card? I'm confused(happens often!)
Please clarify.
I use my Chase checking to pay my Chase Credit Cards, and it nearly posts/deducts the $$ immediately lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 5
creditmadness

Sorry for the confusion! 

My debit card is Bank of America and yes this is my first payment to Chase. The payment to my Chase creditcard from Bank of America Debit card is showing as a payment made on my Chase account but no payment went through on my Bank of America Debit card. I find it strange that the Chase Credit card already deducted the $150 I made as a payment when it hasn't even been taken out of the Debit card (Bank of america) .. it's not even pending on my bank of america account! Nothing. 

Message 4 of 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ohhhhhh okay... That makes sense :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.