Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about AMEX and "Member Since" Date

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about AMEX and "Member Since" Date

I just received my AMEX Zync.  I went online to activate the card and noticed that next to Member Since it says 1989.

I was an AU on an AMEX account back in 1989.  I called CS and was informed that they will be mailing me a new card showing 1989 as my Member Since year.

Two questions;  1) What will this do to my score? Will my score go up?

2) Is it possible for AMEX to backdate my card even if I was not the primary account holder?

EQ Fico - 736

TU Fico - 709

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: Question about AMEX and "Member Since" Date

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received my AMEX Zync.  I went online to activate the card and noticed that next to Member Since it says 1989.

I was an AU on an AMEX account back in 1989.  I called CS and was informed that they will be mailing me a new card showing 1989 as my Member Since year.

Two questions;  1) What will this do to my score? Will my score go up?

2) Is it possible for AMEX to backdate my card even if I was not the primary account holder?

EQ Fico - 736

TU Fico - 709

I was wondering about that too... Hopefully someone has some insight on that Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about AMEX and "Member Since" Date

I encountered the same exact question with the same exact card. In AMEX's system I am a member since '03, however on the card I am a member since '10. I am not sure which is being reported on my credit report, as that is really all I care about.I'm going to pull my credit reports in about 2 months and let all of you know. It would be great to hear from someone who knows though.

If on your credit report it is being reported under the older date, it will definitely help your score (assuming it is older than your average account age).

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.