Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about AMEX card usage: Business vs. Personal

tag
pt2005
Regular Contributor

Question about AMEX card usage: Business vs. Personal

Hi all,

I have an small LLC and have acquired an AMEX SimplyCash for business. I'm planning to get AMEX Blue Cash Everyday (personal) too.

When it comes to gasoline and wireless phone bills (both business and personal usage), I'd like to use the SimplyCash. But when I shop department stores (e.g. buying business clothes, or sodas/bottle water for my office) I like to use the Blue Cash. The reason is obvious right? I want to maximize the cash rewards. At the end of the day, I'm still paying for both cards using either my business checking or personal checking.

Will AMEX give me a hard time about this, given that I'm doing this on the *sometimes* basis and not abusing.

Thanks

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Cageym
Established Contributor

Re: Question about AMEX card usage: Business vs. Personal

Read this post: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Banks-don-t-like-business-charge-on-personal-credit-car... There is some info regarding that very subject. Especially the link about the IRS.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.