Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about AU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about AU

I am about to apply for a new card, and would like to add DW as an AU, but am not sure how it would affect her CR.

Does anyone know if an AU account works like a regular one -- i.e., if it will increase her total credit but lower her AAoA?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about AU

That is exactly right. The only thing she will not have is the inquiry for the account. And the nice thing is if it doesn't have a positive effect for her you can (usually) easily remove the account from her credit report by dropping the AU status or disputing with the bureau as "not my account".

Just be aware that not every company reports AU's to the bureaus even if they allow AU's on the account.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if Capital One or Kay Jewelers reports AUs to the bureaus?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I know Cap 1 does -- I am AU in my wife's account.

Does anyone know about Amex?

Thank you HOtH!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, sevenUP! Do you know how long it took for Capital One to start reporting to the credit bureaus?
Message 5 of 7
sugarmagnolia23
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know Cap 1 does -- I am AU in my wife's account.

Does anyone know about Amex?

Thank you HOtH!

Amex reports IME very quickly.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music" Angela Monet
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sugamagnolia: Thank you!

@AlmostHome: sorry, I am not sure, since I did not get a report for some time after we got our Cap 1. But they are generally pretty good about reporting, so I would assume they would be quick, within the month. But perhaps other Cap 1 convicts have more precise data...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.