Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about AU

Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Question about AU

@BrokenCredit wrote:

That shouldn't be an issue, as I always pay off all my cards, except for 1 at the moment. I had to put a medical expense on it a while ago but it's almost paid off, and it also is still very low utilization with that expense on there. I think that card specifically is 19% and my total is 6% almost 7%. 

That should be fine even if you were taking advantage of a promo in paying it off.

Message 11 of 13
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I can’t speak for AMEX, but Cap1 AU is very easy to add. Though, the only control I can tell on the AU card is you that can freeze it separately from your own. Cap1 successfully backdated the whole account history to my AUs reports within a month.
Message 12 of 13
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Typically there’s no HP for an AU. But if you make them a joint account holder then there’s typically a HP on both parties. But you’re not making him a joint anyway so it shouldn’t matter unless you get caught in some anomaly as previously mentioned.
For a collection of our current FICO scoring wisdom, updated as we learn, read the following. Watch the revision dates on the bottom of the first 8 posts as they are regularly updated: Link to Scoring Primer.

RIP:

Updated June 2020, unless otherwise noted. I took an HP on EX, will reflect on next update.

(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? Severity and recency? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts, both open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (aged/nonaged), AOYRA-Age of Youngest Revolving Account (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
For example, mine is clean/thick/aged/new account, with open loan on record.
If you don't know where you fall, just detail any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AOYRA and whether you have a loan on record.

For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment, please.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.