Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Amazon..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Amazon..

So I just bought something online and they have this new thing called "pay through Amazon". But it's not actually from Amazon. I'm just wondering if it will show up as something from Amazon (double cashback yay!) or it will show up from the other site. I had to log into Amazon to pay for it though but it said it will be processed through the other site. Anyone ever experience something like this?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Question about Amazon..

That's just a website that uses Amazon payment services. It's like using PayPal to pay online. It won't show up as a purchase from Amazon to my knowledge.
Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Discover's site doesn't mention Amazon Payment as being eligible:

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/cashback-bonus/cashback-calendar.html

Amazon.com purchases include those made through the Amazon.com checkout, including digital downloads, Amazon.com gift cards, Amazon Fresh orders, Amazon Local Deals, Amazon Prime subscriptions and items sold by third party merchants through Amazon.com's marketplace.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
Jansroom726
Regular Contributor

I actually just did this myself the other day.

I purchased a gift card for my grandparents back in Ohio - a Cracker Barrel gift card, and it had that option. I paid with my Discover card through their "Pay with Amazon" feature. I just checked my statement, and it's showing up as "API*shop.crackerbarrel", not Amazon - so yes, it does not get coded as an Amazon purchase. Smiley Happy

25 years old. Scores around 740. Income = 45K. Chase Car Loan @ 2.4%, AAOA = 2 years. Total Personal CL = 120k.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.