Question about BT & Earning Rewards

tag
WLRK11
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about BT & Earning Rewards

@Anonymous wrote:

@WLRK11 wrote:

@jon22guitar wrote:

I would not recommend this, especially if you want to maintain a healthy relationship with Chase. 

+1 

Now there's some great input!

A payment is a payment regardless if it's a BT or it came from your bank account.

They would not see it negatively.

So OP, Do you accept my apology, which I promise was genuine. Smiley Happy

Yes! I'll consider your post a sort of tough love/concern a la Nurse Ratched. Smiley Happy

Age: 20s | AAoA: 2 yrs | FICO Scores: 700s | Inq: EX: ?, EQ: ?, TR: ? | GARDENING AS OF 06/2014

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WLRK11 wrote:
Yes! I'll consider your post a sort of tough love/concern a la Nurse Ratched. Smiley Happy

Good! We can carry on then.

For reference, OP. I did this same thing with the Wife's PRG while meeting the spend for the bonus points. Sent $1,000 of the balance to our Citi Diamond Preferred as I had some of our fluid money tied up in other things at the time, and I don't like having our checking accounts dropping below a certain amount.

Message 12 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@WLRK11 wrote:

Straight from the Chase Sapphire Preferred with Ultimate Rewards Program Rules and Regulations:

Earning Rewards: You will earn 1 point for each $1 of Net Purchases. You will earn an additional 1 point for each $1 of Net Purchases made in any of the following categories: travel; dining at restaurants. You will also earn an additional 1 point for each $1 of airfare and hotel accommodation net purchases when you book at chase.com/ultimaterewards (for a total of 3 points). (“Net Purchases” are purchases of goods and services made by you or any authorized user on your Account minus any returns or refunds, and do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your Account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) 

I hope this helps. 

Unfortuantely that's not relevant to the OP.  The text above means that if you perform a balance transfer to the CSP that you will not earn points on that balance transfer.

The OP is making a purchase with the CSP which will earn points and then balance transferring from (effectivelty a payment as far as Chase is concerned) the CSP.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@WLRK11 wrote:

Straight from the Chase Sapphire Preferred with Ultimate Rewards Program Rules and Regulations:

Earning Rewards: You will earn 1 point for each $1 of Net Purchases. You will earn an additional 1 point for each $1 of Net Purchases made in any of the following categories: travel; dining at restaurants. You will also earn an additional 1 point for each $1 of airfare and hotel accommodation net purchases when you book at chase.com/ultimaterewards (for a total of 3 points). (“Net Purchases” are purchases of goods and services made by you or any authorized user on your Account minus any returns or refunds, and do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your Account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) 

I hope this helps. 

Unfortuantely that's not relevant to the OP.  The text above means that if you perform a balance transfer to the CSP that you will not earn points on that balance transfer.

The OP is making a purchase with the CSP which will earn points and then balance transferring from (effectivelty a payment as far as Chase is concerned) the CSP.

Yep..

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.