Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Barclays Fico

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Question about Barclays Fico

Hey everyone! I got the Barclays rewards MasterCard last month, and curious to know how often the Fico score updates. I looked at it today and it said, " your score was last updated on February 21", I'm assuming the day I opened the account. Will it always be the anniversary date each month of the opening of the card?? Just curious.... ThanksSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: Question about Barclays Fico

Signed up and received my intial score on 27 Feb and it updated yesterday.  There were some changes to my CR, but not sure if it was that or based upon a schedule?

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 2 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You don't have to do anything else to get your score do you? I mean all you do is click on get your free Fico score and its there right?
Message 3 of 8
Involver
Valued Contributor

Yes just click "Your FICO Score" under tools.

Woo just checked mine for the first time since opening my Sallie Mae, as of 2 days ago even with 3 new accounts reporting in the last month I'm up to 767 from 762.

Message 4 of 8
blitz
Valued Member

Full disclosure: I'm a web developer working for Barclaycard US. I work on the customer servicing site (your online banking site). I also have a MC Barclays Reward card.

So FICO score. Your FICO score will update whenever there's a change to it. I've seen mine update twice in a month, sometimes it doesn't even update for that month if there was no change. I THINK it uses your Transunion score, since all the disclosures make reference to your Transunion data and how to contact Transunion.

What I'm curious about though is that my FICO score from Barclays doesn't match ANY of the credit scores from the USAA Credit Check monthly thingy that pulls all three reports and scores on-demand. If they are both official FICO scores and not FAKOs, then why doesn't my Transunion scores match up?

Starting Score: AVG 529 (5/2013)
Current Score: 626 (03/2014) - Barclaycard FICO
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

USAA is a FAKO. Its great to use for the report monitoring, but ignore those scores.
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 6 of 8
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@blitz wrote:

Full disclosure: I'm a web developer working for Barclaycard US. I work on the customer servicing site (your online banking site). I also have a MC Barclays Reward card.

So FICO score. Your FICO score will update whenever there's a change to it. I've seen mine update twice in a month, sometimes it doesn't even update for that month if there was no change. I THINK it uses your Transunion score, since all the disclosures make reference to your Transunion data and how to contact Transunion.

What I'm curious about though is that my FICO score from Barclays doesn't match ANY of the credit scores from the USAA Credit Check monthly thingy that pulls all three reports and scores on-demand. If they are both official FICO scores and not FAKOs, then why doesn't my Transunion scores match up?

Equifax can provide 16 different FICO scores.

Experian can provide 16 different FICO scores.

Transunion can provide 21 different FICO scores.

Naturally, that doesn't include all the FAKO's that other companies provide. Then there is the constant minor variation that occurs when the FICO is calculated on different days, since various things age, such as the age of each credit card, age of inquiries, # of cards that are considered 'recent', etc. 

The USAA 'scores' you are paying for are based on the PLUS model (notice it never says FICO). Heres what USAA says about it in the fine print (I added the bold):

Calculated on the PLUS score model, your Experian Credit Score indicates your relative credit risk level for educational purposes and is not the score used by lenders. The PLUS Score, with scores ranging from 330 to 830, is a user friendly credit score developed by Experian to help you see and understand how lenders view your credit worthiness. It is not used by lenders, but is indicative of your overall credit risk. Higher scores represent a greater likelihood that you’ll pay back your debts so you are viewed as being a lower credit risk to lenders. A lower score indicates to lenders that you may be a higher credit risk.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 8
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

With regards to the updating frequency, I got this response from Sallie Mae customer service:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Sallie Mae MasterCard.  We can certainly address your inquiry regarding your FICO® Score benefit on your account.

We receive updated information from TransUnion once every 10 weeks, or whenever there are certain changes to your credit file (new account openings, new inquiries for credit, etc.). Whenever that updated information affects your FICO® Score, we will send you an email alert letting you know that your FICO® Score has changed. 

The information provided is based on your credit report at TransUnion. If you are concerned that it may contain inaccuracies, first you should review the information TransUnion has in your report.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.