Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Bonus and paying car payment

tag
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

Question about Bonus and paying car payment

Trying to hit a 500 spend in 3 months for a bonus on my amex, never thought of paying bills with my credit card, so I was wondering ,when I pay this how long should I wait to pay the amex off for it to register towards my spend?  Do I have to wait till a statement cut or can I pay it a week later?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Bonus and paying car payment

@scarfa21 wrote:

Trying to hit a 500 spend in 3 months for a bonus on my amex, never thought of paying bills with my credit card, so I was wondering ,when I pay this how long should I wait to pay the amex off for it to register towards my spend?  Do I have to wait till a statement cut or can I pay it a week later?

Thanks.

You don't have to pay it off in any fixed amount of time (other than what is required by your payment due date).  Once a purchase/charge posts on your account it is credited towards the spend requirement.  If you charge $500 and only make a minimum payment of $35 when your payment is due, the $500 still counts.  Hope that answers your question.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scarfa21 wrote:

Thanks.

I am not sure what you are saying.  If you charge something on your Amex it doesn't matter when you pay your Amex bill for it to count towards your bonus spend.  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can pay it any time after it posts to the account.

Message 4 of 6
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

Ok, thanks all.  I wanted to charge the payment then pay it right off is what I ment.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scarfa21 wrote:

Ok, thanks all.  I wanted to charge the payment then pay it right off is what I ment.

That's fine.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.