Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Chase's HP

tag
dxz7
Established Member

Question about Chase's HP

Hi I was wondering if I apply for both Chase Marriott card and the Hyatt card together, like applying for the Hyatt right after I'm done with the Marriott application; are they going to do one hard pull on both applications or two hard pulls seperately ? Thanks!

Bofa Privileges with Cash Rewards Visa Signature -11k / Chase Sapphire Preferred - 10k / Chase Freedom - 7k / Hyatt Visa - 5k
Bofa Travel Rewards Card Visa Signature - 7.5k / American Express True Earnings - 5k / Barclay Arrival WorldMaster card - 5k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Question about Chase's HP

@dxz7 wrote:

Hi I was wondering if I apply for both Chase Marriott card and the Hyatt card together, like applying for the Hyatt right after I'm done with the Marriott application; are they going to do one hard pull on both applications or two hard pulls seperately ? Thanks!

2 HP's

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
supervelous
Regular Contributor

2, I just applied for Freedom and Sapphire 1 day apart and they HP twice.  I didn't think they would.  I use to work for Wells Fargo selling financial products and when someone applied for 1 thing we pulled their credit and assessed them for every eligible product, no need for a HP each time.  Not sure why Chase does that.

Message 3 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

@dxz7 wrote:

You should get at least 2 HPs.

Chase been double / triple pulling quite a bit, so worst case scenario 6 HPs.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 8
dxz7
Established Member

I see, so if I do apply for both with a scredit score of 760 and no baddies, but only been with CSP for half a yearish, will my chances of getting approved be good?

Bofa Privileges with Cash Rewards Visa Signature -11k / Chase Sapphire Preferred - 10k / Chase Freedom - 7k / Hyatt Visa - 5k
Bofa Travel Rewards Card Visa Signature - 7.5k / American Express True Earnings - 5k / Barclay Arrival WorldMaster card - 5k
Message 5 of 8
dxz7
Established Member

WOW! 6?!!

Message 6 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

@dxz7 wrote:

I see, so if I do apply for both with a scredit score of 760 and no baddies, but only been with CSP for half a yearish, will my chances of getting approved be good?

depends on your overall profile and income.

Can't really say much without knowing anything else.

6 inquiries (plus 2 denials) would be the worst case scenario for 2 apps.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 8
dxz7
Established Member

my average age of of cards is two years

ultil is 4%

no baddies

always paid my balances in full every month

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.