Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Discover Pre-Approval

tag
Reese2107
Valued Member

Question about Discover Pre-Approval

Ok so heres my story with discover and overall. I recently went on an app spree...Discover It for students was one of those apps. Ithat was on July 5. There are seven total inquiries on Transunion at this moment. I was denied for the It for students due to a collection. Since then the collection has been deleted. I called back as soon as it was deleted to recon the app, however...it was the 31st day! Appafently my app had gone into archive and could not be reviewed again. Now, messing around last week i decided to mess around with their pre approved cadd checker. The ond for students said nothing, however i changed jt to average credit from a student and bam...i have been preapproved. A couple of days ago...i also got a letter from them in the shjny blue envelopd stating the same thing. So...what to do?!

How jnquiry sensitive are they? I have 7 on TU...whicb is apparently what they pull for me. A 691 Fico...and a preapproval. However my last app to them was July 5th! Yet they sent me the preapproval afterwards?! Please help!

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ: 664 TU: 673 EX: 700
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Cards: Citi Forward (Students): $1.5k, Wells Fargo Secured: $2k, Kay Jewelers: $300, BoA Cash Rewards (Students): $700, Buckle: $250
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Question about Discover Pre-Approval

@Reese2107 wrote:

Ok so heres my story with discover and overall. I recently went on an app spree...Discover It for students was one of those apps. Ithat was on July 5. There are seven total inquiries on Transunion at this moment. I was denied for the It for students due to a collection. Since then the collection has been deleted. I called back as soon as it was deleted to recon the app, however...it was the 31st day! Appafently my app had gone into archive and could not be reviewed again. Now, messing around last week i decided to mess around with their pre approved cadd checker. The ond for students said nothing, however i changed jt to average credit from a student and bam...i have been preapproved. A couple of days ago...i also got a letter from them in the shjny blue envelopd stating the same thing. So...what to do?!

How jnquiry sensitive are they? I have 7 on TU...whicb is apparently what they pull for me. A 691 Fico...and a preapproval. However my last app to them was July 5th! Yet they sent me the preapproval afterwards?! Please help!

Make sure your CR's have updated first

Pre-approval means nothing tho..sorry

If you would like to share more info maybe we can help

Scores

AAoA

any more baddies

Other cards 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
Reese2107
Valued Member

Ficos:

TU: 691

Equifac: 664

Experian: 688

AAoA: 3 months

Cards: Wells Fargo Secured: 2000, BoA Cash Rewards Platinum: 3000, Citi Forward: 1500, Buckle: 250, Kay's: 300 and....no baddies...whatsoever.

Cards: Citi Forward (Students): $1.5k, Wells Fargo Secured: $2k, Kay Jewelers: $300, BoA Cash Rewards (Students): $700, Buckle: $250
Message 3 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Reese2107 wrote:

Ficos:

TU: 691

Equifac: 664

Experian: 688

AAoA: 3 months

Cards: Wells Fargo Secured: 2000, BoA Cash Rewards Platinum: 3000, Citi Forward: 1500, Buckle: 250, Kay's: 300 and....no baddies...whatsoever.

How is your UTL?

AAoA is not good at all..sorry just being honest

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 12
Reese2107
Valued Member

its no problem. I understand its not good. lol. Utilization is at %10.

Message 5 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Reese2107 wrote:

its no problem. I understand its not good. lol. Utilization is at %10.

Everything looks good except AAoA

IMHO I would wait 2-3 months and apply again I think you will have no problem being approved at that point.

Keep doing what your doing keep UTL low and I think you will be golden

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 12
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

the aaoa is low...if you do get approved it might be for the low limit...if you wait a bit for your aaoa to go up, they might give you a better starting cl Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 8 of 12
Reese2107
Valued Member

Honestly, that is what im hoping for with the Discover. Therefore I will simply wait....it wont be a problem. I was just curious as to everyones opinion. Thank you.;

Message 9 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Reese2107 wrote:

Honestly, that is what im hoping for with the Discover. Therefore I will simply wait....it wont be a problem. I was just curious as to everyones opinion. Thank you.;

Your welcome glad to help and don't be a stranger hangout with the forum we will always help

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.