cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Discover and Amazon or Walmart.com gift cards?? UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Discover and Amazon or Walmart.com gift cards??

Just wanted to update: yep, it works! Purchased merchandise and a gift card for Amazon.com and did the same for Walmart.com. Both are listed in my rewards summary for this month, although Discover did call me to verify that it was me buying stuff from Walmart.com. 🤣 😊
Message 11 of 13
cr101
Established Contributor

Re: Question about Discover and Amazon or Walmart.com gift cards??

I thought about this thread the other day when I purchased gift cards for some of my streaming services like Netflix and Hulu. I have a Target Red debit card and they give 5% off, even for gift card purchase. So, OP, if you still need to purchase, you can triple your savings. Smiley Surprised ...wait, that won't work. But, still a good tip for those who are looking for a 5% discount on gift cards year-round.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Discover and Amazon or Walmart.com gift cards?? UPDATE

Q3 was PayPal. I used my PayPal account to checkout at Walmart.com when I purchased $300 on a gift card. I got the bonus category spend for the PayPal transaction. I plan to just buy the gift card directly from Walmart this time to max out.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.