Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Macy's card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Macy's card

I applied for the Macy's card online but didn't recive an answer it just said thank you.  I thought I would get an e-mail but still nothing.  Will I hear from them in the mail?  Thank you for your help.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about Macy's card

Yes one way or the other you will receive communication from them via mail, if you are approved, you'll get the card, if you were denied (hopefully not), they'll send you the reason for the denial.  GL

Message 2 of 5
score_building
Senior Contributor

call to confirm receipt of your app.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same message. I cannot remember now if they called me (It was either Macy's or Walmart) to request more info. I gave them my cell number and missed the call, but I did eventually check messages and called back. They increased my credit limit from whatever it was going to be to $600 since I opened it online and they needed to verify ID and address.

I also received a letter from them regarding this. (I may be mistaken and just called them in reference to the letter, but anyway. It's been almost a year, memory isn't so great)

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me, the next day I got this email, they wanted to confirm identity:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent application, before you shop on your new
account it is necessary that we speak to you.  Please call us at
1-866-933-8472 at your earliest convenience.  Again, it is very
important that we speak to you before your account is available for use.

Thank you again,
eCommerce Department

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.