Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about NFCU Flagship reporting

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Question about NFCU Flagship reporting

Wondering if anyone can share their experience on how long it toom you NFCU CC to report.  Mine was appoved on the 7th and the first statement acually cut with the $12.00 rush fee on the 13th but did not report to any bureau as yet.  Just anxious...

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Question about NFCU Flagship reporting

Mine was approved a month ago. A few days before Thanksgiving. It still hasn't reported. First statement cut on the 5th of December.
Message 2 of 24
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
Mine was approved a month ago. A few days before Thanksgiving. It still hasn't reported. First statement cut on the 5th of December.

I guess it is standard operating procedure to not report after that initial statement cuts.  I would imagine it will be mid January then for me.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy cards report on the same date the second statement is cut/generated.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My flagship was approved on the 18th of November and statement cut December 18th. Same day it showed on my CR.

My first navy card took longer to show up - 2nd statement.
Message 5 of 24
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Patience is the word of the day it seems.  My new Apple FCU Visa has already reported and don't have the card yet...  My Flagship came in 2 days ($12 rush delivery) but might not report until January 14th...  I suppose I would rather have the card sooner.  Ahh well.

So they never report mid cycle right?  I have some big charges to run through to make sure I spend for the sign up bonus.  I would hate for it to report a $2-3k balance.  I plan on spending and paying it off in a couple days.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 6 of 24
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Why all this rush to have your cards report?  They all report sooner or later.  How is your life improved if they report in the first month?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Why all this rush to have your cards report?  They all report sooner or later.  How is your life improved if they report in the first month?

Because OP doesn’t want a balance to get reported when going for the SUB. 

Message 8 of 24
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Exactly.  Not that it would matter long term but still. When practicing the AZERO, actually just recently finally able to do so, the last thing I want is a 3k balance reporting.  Also, NFCU's internal score seems to look at the last few months UTI trend (according to their comments).  UTI rising will not result in a higher NFCU score I imagine. Smiley Happy  Right now, I care more about the NFCU internal score as Navy CLI's will be much more important than adding any non NFCU card within the next couple years.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Exactly.  Not that it would matter long term but still. When practicing the AZERO, actually just recently finally able to do so, the last thing I want is a 3k balance reporting.  Also, NFCU's internal score seems to look at the last few months UTI trend (according to their comments).  UTI rising will not result in a higher NFCU score I imagine. Smiley Happy  Right now, I care more about the NFCU internal score as Navy CLI's will be much more important than adding any non NFCU card within the next couple years.

To be fair, Navy isn’t likely to include their own card statements in their utilization calculations but rather overall utilization vs payments. Obviously we don’t know this for sure but that would be the best way to get the most accurate picture for how a customer does with their credit accounts is to look at utilization vs payments instead of statement utilization. 

Navy seems to care about DTI more than anything else. Sky is the limit as long as your DTI supports it with them. Just look at me - they’ve extended me an insane amount of credit for my income but my DTI is insanely low as well and I’ve demonstrated my ability to make large purchases for my income and turn around and make just as large payments. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.