Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about NFCU Flagship reporting

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about NFCU Flagship reporting

When I make a charge on my Navy Cards and I make a payment from my checking right away (like in the parking lot from the store) the payment always posts before the charge. Right now my Flagship has a $500+ credit balance. I learned I could do this when I was meeting my SUB on a $500 credit limit Navy Amex Card.
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, if you intend to always pay off your balance before it reports to the credit bureaus, how do you intend to establish a High Balance for the account?  Presumably the current derogatories fall off creditors other tnan NFCU will be looking at your credit report; and without any activity reporting it will appear that you haven't used credit.

Message 22 of 24
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Hex wrote:
When I make a charge on my Navy Cards and I make a payment from my checking right away (like in the parking lot from the store) the payment always posts before the charge. Right now my Flagship has a $500+ credit balance. I learned I could do this when I was meeting my SUB on a $500 credit limit Navy Amex Card.

It seems NFCU is crediting payments much faster than previously.  I just overpaid both the goRewards and Flagship yesterday from NFCU checking and both are showing credits today.  I could swear it used to take a couple of business days.  I suppose there is no issue with controling balance reporting then.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 23 of 24
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, if you intend to always pay off your balance before it reports to the credit bureaus, how do you intend to establish a High Balance for the account?  Presumably the current derogatories fall off creditors other tnan NFCU will be looking at your credit report; and without any activity reporting it will appear that you haven't used credit.

I had not thought about that.  My GoRewards shows a $4k plus high credit abount from earlier this year or last when I was trying to suppress my scores due to wanting to look insolvent.  Smiley Happy  I suppose as time goes on, I could, one by one let my cards report a higher balance but don't want to do that to Discover as I would like that to unsecure as soon as possible.  Not sure about my AFCU card but could let each report a balance after they turn to unsecured lines.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.