Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Nationwide Approval

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Question about Nationwide Approval

I recently applied for the Nationwide Visa card (Nov. 30).  On Thursday (Dec. 10), I called and the CSR said they had mailed a letter requesting address verification.  She was very friendly and gave me a fax number to send the documentation (phone bill).  She also said to call back on Monday to see if I'm approved so it sounds pretty good to me.  But, has anyone been declined after they request address verification? 

They pulled TU and it was 728 on Nov. 30.  Four inquiries within 12 mo. (all for CLI's).  All accounts paid as agreed, no lates or collections.  Utilization 12%.

I'm as nervous as a cat in a room full of rockers.  I'd really like to have this card.

Guess I just need a hug . . .  Smiley Sad

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Nationwide Approval

(((((.............group hug..............)))))

There...does that make you feel better?

Message 2 of 23
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Awwww Thanks, I feel much better now.

So, no one has been denied after they requested address verification?

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also received the address verification letter and was originally denied.  However I was able to be recon'ed and thus approved.  If you read the other posts regarding Nationwide you will find that most if not all applicants received some further request for additional info., address, income etc. some were denied and some approved.  I applied on 11/9/09 and was not approved until 12/7/09.  After speaking with a CSR I was informed that there credit applications are processed manually from beginning to end.  I have yet to receive my new card in the mail and am anxiously waiting!  Based on your score and debt info. I believe you will be approved.  Good luck, not that I think you will need it! Smile
Message 4 of 23
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Thanks Frugal.  I had looked at the Natiowide thread but didn't read all 22 pages before posting this question.  I'm quite sure the answer was in there somewhere but was hoping for a quick response from someone like you.

Thank you

Message 5 of 23
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

What's your AAoA???  So far, everything else looks like you're golden!  When did you apply?  They had my answer in about a week...incl. the weekend!!!
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone applied for a nationwide business card? I want to know if they report balances to the personal report. Any help would be amazing
Message 7 of 23
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anyone applied for a nationwide business card? I want to know if they report balances to the personal report. Any help would be amazing

You could probably just ask their csr.  They're very helpful.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 23
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:
What's your AAoA???  So far, everything else looks like you're golden!  When did you apply?  They had my answer in about a week...incl. the weekend!!
AAoA is 1yr. 8 mo.  Oldest acct. is 10 yrs. 8 mo.
I applied on Nov. 30.  Contacted them on the 10th and they needed address verification which I faxed immediately.  Contacted them yesterday (12/14) and the Credit dept. said they did not receive my fax so I faxed it again.  Supposed to have answer today.  I guess I'll start bugging them every day until they either approve or deny.  I got the impression they are super busy.  Not the best CS but once I'm in maybe it will improve.
I'll keep you posted.
 Thanks

Message 9 of 23
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

Not to thread-jack, but if you guys have the phone # to check status, could you repost?   I know it is buried somewhere in that 3 million page original $17.5k Nationwide thread, but I am lazy (and "working") so if you have it handy, I'll give you a cookie Smiley Tongue

Thanks!

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.