cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Statement Date and payments...

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Question about Statement Date and payments...

Random question.  I have a Chase card that has a payment due date of the 4th, and statement dates are dated the 7th.   I'm not worried about the payment on the 4th, but I'd like to pay extra when I get paid in January, which happens to be the 7th.  So my question is, if I schedule a payemnt for the 7th would it post in time to be reflected in that cycle?  I know typically that even though the statement is dated the 7th I usually don't see the interest change/next payment schedule until the 8th...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about Statement Date and payments...

In my experience, yes, as long as the payment is made before Chase's cutoff time for same-day payments. (If you sechedule it in advance, then yes for sure.)

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

Random question.  I have a Chase card that has a payment due date of the 4th, and statement dates are dated the 7th.   I'm not worried about the payment on the 4th, but I'd like to pay extra when I get paid in January, which happens to be the 7th.  So my question is, if I schedule a payemnt for the 7th would it post in time to be reflected in that cycle?  I know typically that even though the statement is dated the 7th I usually don't see the interest change/next payment schedule until the 8th...

If you schedule an electronic payment for the 7th on their site it will be reflected in the statement balance.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 4
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.