Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about a pre-qualification for US BANK cash + and rules

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about a pre-qualification for US BANK cash + and rules

From what I've read with us bank you can only have 1/12 to get a card with them? Is that correct? I have a business account with them, and I got a pre-qualification letter in the mail telling me to go accept my offer, and while this card is one of my goal cards, I'm at 4/24 and holding out on a CLI from chase. Wondering if anyone knows if you can even actually get a cash+ if you have more than 1/12? Does it matter if it was targeted? Would I have luck if I get denied with recon because I have a relationship with them? I'm newer to credit in general and don't want to take a hard pull for no reason. Not sure I even want to try and get this card right now, because of what I mentioned above. But would they send me a mailer for their card if I am over their 1/12? Do the general rules apply of your targeted? Thanks for your help! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about a pre-qualification for US BANK cash + and rules

Unlike Chase which has specific targeted pre-qualified offers (green/black stars) that could bypass 5/24 in most cases, there isn't sufficient evidence that supports a similar outcome with USB pre-qualified offers to bypass current UW rules.  As an aside, targeted offers tend to pre-screen a variety of elements, but it doesn't get to the granularity of your overall profile until a full CR is obtained.   

On the upside, you may have some leverage by being a USB customer.  Worse case scenario, if denied, you can always try the reconsideration approach.  It's up to you if you decide to pursue it.  

Message 2 of 4
Demented1
Established Contributor

As @FinStar stated “…there isn't sufficient evidence that supports a similar outcome with USB pre-qualified offers to bypass current UW rules.” So, with that said, my SO and I both had pre-qualified offers. I was denied and I had pulled all my accounts from USB in 2019. My SO still has her account with them and was instantly approved for the Cash + for $7k.

I am not going to lie I was a little humbled as the purported “bread winner” and she is retired, but as I have seen throughout the years on this forum…YMMV. I also am at 8/24 and need to start gardening!!!

Best of luck @Anonymous may the USB gods be with you!

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Demented1 wrote:

As @FinStar stated “…there isn't sufficient evidence that supports a similar outcome with USB pre-qualified offers to bypass current UW rules.” So, with that said, my SO and I both had pre-qualified offers. I was denied and I had pulled all my accounts from USB in 2019. My SO still has her account with them and was instantly approved for the Cash + for $7k.

I am not going to lie I was a little humbled as the purported “bread winner” and she is retired, but as I have seen throughout the years on this forum…YMMV. I also am at 8/24 and need to start gardening!!!

Best of luck @Anonymous may the USB gods be with you!

Thanks for the DPs @Demented1.  This definitely helps the community given your anecdotal experience.   I know I wouldn't give USB a love tap right now because I know better 😁.  But, maybe in the not-so-distant future I'll try my courtship rituals again 🤩

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.