Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about amex sign up bonus

tag
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Question about amex sign up bonus

I know you can only get one bonus per card for lifetime. I have only gotten the sign up bonus from the personal platinum and the EDP. I did downgrade my platinum to PRG before cancelling. Does that mean I cannot get the PRG sign up bonus even though it was a downgrade and i cancelled it ?

Thanks

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about amex sign up bonus

Some people say it is based on the original card.  The website says it is based on original card bonus or account.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 2 of 4
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

I know you can only get one bonus per card for lifetime. I have only gotten the sign up bonus from the personal platinum and the EDP. I did downgrade my platinum to PRG before cancelling. Does that mean I cannot get the PRG sign up bonus even though it was a downgrade and i cancelled it ?

Thanks

not once a lifetime all the time.  I just got BRG for the 75/5 and there is no lifetime rule.  no af for a year.  no reporting.  good place to store MRs if that is what you are trying to do, its only an hp - my ex went down a single point.  edit, sorry did not really read your post.  yes, goes back to the orignial card but also some of this is ymmv

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on original card. So, if you applied for a brand new PRG, you should be eligible for the new card bonus. Unless they changed the fine print, had a similar situation happen before to me, but I got the new bonus. That was over a year ago though, and on a business card.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.