Did you mean: 

Question about discover cash back at register

tag
Imua
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about discover cash back at register

@RyVision wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Silly question, but how does this work? Will I have to enter a pin or will it be like a normal transaction where I just sign but don't need a pin? Also, is the 120 max per day, or per billing cycle?? Thanks.

No pin required, you just hit the "yes" button when it asks if you want cash back,  then sign as usual.  The 120 max per day is up to your cash limit I do believe.

that's similar to sam's club cc - hit yes for cash back, then choose the amount.

it counts as a purchase rather than a cash advance

Message 11 of 13
RonDawg
Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

remember this usually counts as a cash advance and can start charging interest from day 1 with a few cards just make sure before you do it if you care.

In the card member agreement it says this is a benefit and does not count as a cash advance .... I have never had to pay interest on my cash back on my discover.
AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 12 of 13
HiLine
Blogger

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

Interesting ... Do you earn cash back rewards on that? 

You don't.

Thanks for the info!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.