Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about paying Walmart cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about paying Walmart cards

Do they ever post payments sooner than 2 business days? Ours is fairly new (Dec 15) so I'm hoping it'll get faster when the car is a little older. Trying to run enough through it to get an increase from 150.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about paying Walmart cards

Most cards hold pament when they are new for 6 months. My experience has been Walmart not holding payments unless past a certain amount. I made a large payment on my Walmart card last week and they still have not released the avilable credit.

Xace

Message 2 of 6
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Mine always posts in about 36 hours. When I make my payment in the store, it takes 2-3 days to post, but my balance shows the payment immediately.

Message 3 of 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Walmart is slow post when you're new.  I would pay and my balance would be updated usually the next day...it wouldn't return to available credit for line a week or so.  They aren't the only folks who do this...I've noticed it with quite a few of my Synch cards...PenFed also hold payments when you're new.  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't wait until the card (and Amazon) get past this stage. Makes it a bit difficult to use frequently. Not too worried about Amazon, we shop there often, just not as often as Walmart plus the limit for that one is 800
Message 5 of 6
ABC123TLC
Contributor

When I mae a payment on on a synchront account (sams walmart amazon america eagle etc...) the available credit reflects immediatly (this is after my first payment thru they're online portal - they verify the account like amex does first then they release the hold for now on.... 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.