Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about relationship for eBay and PayPal Mastercards

tag
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Question about relationship for eBay and PayPal Mastercards

Do we know the current restriction, if any, between whether a customer can have both the Ebay Mastercard as well as the PayPal Cash Back Mastercard from Sync?  I seem to recall that this was not possible .... but now can not locate where I saw that.  I also think I may be confusing products.

For reference, one specific scenario is:   I currently have an eBay Mastercard, and a Paypal credit line (unflavored).  I am wondering if there is a restriction against having the PayPal Cash Back Mastercard as well?

Am I confusing products?  Is there another restriction, for example against having the "extras" versions?  I dont want either of them ... 

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about relationship for eBay and PayPal Mastercards

IIRC, they made some profile restrictions (can't recall the exact date) where one could not have both the eBay MC and PayPal MC even with separate PayPal account profiles.  Folks who had any combinations of PayPal Credit (pre-SYNCB), PayPal SmartConnect, PayPal Extras and/or eBay MC Extras were able to keep those account profiles grandfathered.  I still have PayPal Credit (soon to be closed), PayPal MC and eBay MC from several years ago.  But, I believe if you were to apply for the PayPal 2% CB MC with an active eBay MC (Extras or plain), the application would decline.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about relationship for eBay and PayPal Mastercards

I don’t see why it would be a problem now that PayPal is no longer owned by eBay. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.