Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question as new AMEX Everyday Cardholder

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question as new AMEX Everyday Cardholder

Friends, 

It's been ten calendar days and no card yet. I got the email that it's being shipped, but that's all.

My options are: 

1) Call Amex

or

2) Do nothing

If I call them, what should I say? I'm still traveling through July

Any downside to doing nothing til i get home?

Would be great to have the card while I am traveling, but I don't want to upset them. 

Advice appreciated

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't hurt to ask for a status. Just tell them you want to confirm no else has received/using it. Is someone watching your mail?

Still wouldn't not ask for the card to be routed to an address not on the card IMO.
Message 12 of 18
bz386
Frequent Contributor

Op, it is very unlikely that you will receive the card at your new address. All banks send their cards out with “do not forward” markers, which means the post office will just return the mail to the bank if you have mail forwarding setup.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is my best course of action?
Message 14 of 18
bz386
Frequent Contributor

Does any of your credit reports have your new address on them? If yes, tell Amex to change the address. If no, call them and explain your situation and see what they suggest.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all

happy news: Card on its way to my current address via Fedex, will post again when it arrives.he card was indeed returned due to forwarding.   I used the advice on this group and it sounds like it will all work out. Called for status update and they're rushing me a new card, new number, new security code to current address. 

P

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious as to why this happens as often as I see it, are people that unware that they'll be leaving soon when appling for Credit?

Hence why they ask for "Physical" and "mailing" address on the applications, though they might question different Cities aspect.

This might be a reason to actually call in your app, if you're gonna be leaving sooner than 7-10 days from applying.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card just arrived, was activated and made a couple of payments successfully. 

As of now, this is my only open credit card. How do I make the best use of it to grow my score? 

Advice appreciated

Thanks!!

PS: Credit line is 5000. Question: How do I get the picture of the card to appear in the signature line? 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.