Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Barclays card holders

tag
Tuxedo77
Contributor

Question for Barclays card holders

When you apped online, did you select the $29.99 'fast card fee'? How long does it take to ship? My balance has been hit with the charge today..(apped saturday).
AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Question for Barclays card holders

@Tuxedo77 wrote:
When you apped online, did you select the $29.99 'fast card fee'? How long does it take to ship? My balance has been hit with the charge today..(apped saturday).

$29.99 sounds a lot!  Especially as it is in their interest for you to use the card ASAP...   Even if that is a 2% card, that negates the rewards on $1,500 spending.

Message 2 of 21
missjae
Established Contributor

@Tuxedo77 wrote:

I did not.  When I asked about having the card expedited and I was told it was $29.95, I declined.  The card took the longest to arrive out of all the cards I applied for at the time.

ETA: They told me the card would arrive in 2-3 days if it was expedited.

Message 3 of 21
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Tuxedo77 wrote:

No way! Not worth it to me.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 4 of 21
Tuxedo77
Contributor

AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 5 of 21
Tuxedo77
Contributor

Dang it! Should have consulted you saavy plastic swipers first....anyhow thanks for the replies.
Message 6 of 21
Simply827
Established Contributor

My Barclay card arrived in about 3-4 business days, no expediting. 

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 7 of 21
john398
Senior Contributor

No way no how would I pay that

Message 8 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, never pay to expedite unless there is really good reason ("I need to buy the tickets using the card in two days time" vs "I can't wait to see the shiny card in my hand!")

Message 9 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

Nope didn't bite and the card arrived in 7-10 days 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.