Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for all you NFCU experts.

tag
brcamacho
Regular Contributor

Question for all you NFCU experts.

After hearing so many good things about them and getting myself on the road to responsible credit use. I would really like to become a member.  The only military association I have is both of my Grand fathers were in the Army.  Sadly bolth of them are no longer with us.  Am i still able to join or did I miss out.

Thanks

TU-688 5/14 (WM TU) | EX-692 on 2/14 (FNBO EX) | EQ-666 on 01/13

NFCU GoRewards $25k | NavChek $15k | Chase Slate 7.5k
Barclays Rewards $3.4k | FNBO MC $2.3K | Cap1 Plat $1.9k
Cap1 Quicksilver $1.7k | Wmt Discover $4.5k | Amazon Store Card $3k Care Credit $3.5k | Kohls $300 | Victoria's Secret $500
Cap1 Quicksilver $2k | Barclays Apple Visa $600

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question for all you NFCU experts.

If either of them were memebers you are good to go, otherwise they would have had to retire from the military and it is a much tougher journey that way since they are no longer here.

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 2 of 25
brcamacho
Regular Contributor

My brother in Law is active Army but he is not a member, so im not sure that helps me either?

Cap1 Quicksilver $1.7k | Wmt Discover $4.5k | Amazon Store Card $3k Care Credit $3.5k | Kohls $300 | Victoria's Secret $500

Message 3 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you could call in and talk to a rep about your grandfathers being in before they died... many posts on here state that over the phone the reps will open the account OR have your brother in law join and then your sibling join from him and then you can join!

They should join anyway, who doesn't want a fab credit union around giving out great rate loans and credit cards!

Message 4 of 25
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

***Cough cough*****

ROOMMATE

**Cough***

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 25
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

@brcamacho wrote:

My brother in Law is active Army but he is not a member, so im not sure that helps me either?

Since your brother in law is active Army, just ask him to join and then have your sister to join. That way you can join. You just have to prove to NFCU your relationship with your brother in law.

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 6 of 25
martinkk
Contributor

I joined through my father who was deceased at the time I joined. He was never a member that I know of. I did not have his SSN. I called and they looked him up by name and DOB, I guess. I have been a member for about a year now.

Message 7 of 25
brcamacho
Regular Contributor

I will give them a call after work and see what they say.  My brother in law is deployed at the moment so if all else fails i can join next year.

Message 8 of 25
brcamacho
Regular Contributor

Well i called and no luck.  I guess i will have to wait until my brother in law gets back.

Message 9 of 25
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

it's worth the wait!

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.