Did you mean: 

Question for those who got AMEX Optima card

tag
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: Question for those who got AMEX Optima card

@sjt wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

I have an Optima card with $500 CL.  It reports on all 3 (EX, EQ & TU).  After 3 months I was approved for their green card, got them to backdate both cards to 2001 when I first had an account with them.  Hope that helps.

Is your Optima an Oasis Optima?

I didn't know there are 2 different types of Optima card (thought there's only one lol).  How do I find out?

Message 21 of 25
sjt
Senior Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

I have an Optima card with $500 CL.  It reports on all 3 (EX, EQ & TU).  After 3 months I was approved for their green card, got them to backdate both cards to 2001 when I first had an account with them.  Hope that helps.

I didn't know there are 2 different types of Optima card (thought there's only one lol).  How do I find out?

They know have two versions of the Optima/Oasis/Rebuilder/Recovery Card. The second Oasis product was created as a result of Amex settlement with the CFPB. Both Amex and CPFB had to agree on the terms of the second product, which is no annual fee, 9.9 APR credit limits from $500-1500, and possible credit line increase after three years. The second product is only issued to certain individuals who follow under a certain criteria. If do a search for American Express and CPFB there will be links on the settlement.

I thinks its great that you were able to get a green charge while still having you Optima open. I thought you needed to close you Optima Account first before you can apply for another card. When did you get the Green Charge?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 22 of 25
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

They know have two versions of the Optima/Oasis/Rebuilder/Recovery Card. The second Oasis product was created as a result of Amex settlement with the CFPB. Both Amex and CPFB had to agree on the terms of the second product, which is no annual fee, 9.9 APR credit limits from $500-1500, and possible credit line increase after three years. The second product is only issued to certain individuals who follow under a certain criteria. If do a search for American Express and CPFB there will be links on the settlement.

I thinks its great that you were able to get a green charge while still having you Optima open. I thought you needed to close you Optima Account first before you can apply for another card. When did you get the Green Charge?

Thanks for the explanation.  I got my Optima in March and 3 months later I was approved for Amex Green.

Message 23 of 25
sjt
Senior Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

Thanks for the explanation.  I got my Optima in March and 3 months later I was approved for Amex Green.

Reading earlier post on what your scores were when you applied for the Green, it seems like you would have qualified without having to get the Optima.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 24 of 25
eddie84
Valued Contributor

^ Yah, I remember getting an email from Amex when I was at the airport waiting on a flight to SE Asia.  I was happy to be back in good grace with them. lol  That $500 CL is a little too low for me but I didn't care at the time (since they wouldn't give me any other cards anyway).   Three months down I applied for the green and was approved right away (that's the time I'd just finished paying all my CC debts). Smiley Tongue

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.