Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Amex charges

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Question on Amex charges

Recently received a new Amex Green and finally decided to use it yesterday. Despite using it over 24 hrs ago, I don't see my purchase when I log into my account. How soon do charges show up?

And to confirm, Amex charge accounts aren't factored into utilization, right? And their reporting is a month behind?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on Amex charges

In most instances, charges will appear online within 72 hours. Amex charge cards only factor in util with the TU 98 scoring model. Yes, they report at least a month behind.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Amex Blue Sky, its depend. Amex can be fast or really slow. Sometime it takes less than 24 hours and sometime 2-3 days. That's how I notice on my account..

Message 3 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the input. I'm not used to this card yet. I'm used to looking at the avail. limit on other CC websites if transactions aren't yet showing.
Message 4 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

You might want to talk with Amex to find out what your "real secretive card limit is".
Message 5 of 16
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:
You might want to talk with Amex to find out what your "real secretive card limit is".

That number is nebulous at best.  It is dynamic and constantly changing, you won't get AMEX to give you a definitive answer. The answer is, 'it depends'.
Message 6 of 16
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new card.....
Message 7 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Watchmann wrote:

@fused wrote:

That number is nebulous at best.  It is dynamic and constantly changing, you won't get AMEX to give you a definitive answer. The answer is, 'it depends'.

Not so! I have always known mine, ask the right person.

Message 8 of 16
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

You are correct about this. One can seek and acquire such a number, but like you, I know after twenty seven years of use, the answer would emulate the Fico score in its "snapshot" focus.

Definitely not a number one would want to seriously use for any purpose I can imagine.

Good luck,

CI

@Watchmann wrote:

@fused wrote:

Message 9 of 16
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the card.

My Gold Card account posted transactions usually within 48 hours and my Blue Cash the same.  Interestingly, my payments post within 24 hours, although I use my CU's bill pay.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.