cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on authorized users

tag
roseblanch

Question on authorized users

Hey all, so I added an authorized user to my Walmart cc today. This is the first time I've ever added a user to any account of mine. The only info they asked for was the name ... no ssn, no dob etc. The site had a blurb about the account being reported on the Au s credit report. . But they don't have his info?? His last name is Smith. How does that work, how can they find his file to report with only his (very common) name?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on authorized users

@roseblanch wrote:
Hey all, so I added an authorized user to my Walmart cc today. This is the first time I've ever added a user to any account of mine. The only info they asked for was the name ... no ssn, no dob etc. The site had a blurb about the account being reported on the Au s credit report. . But they don't have his info?? His last name is Smith. How does that work, how can they find his file to report with only his (very common) name?

In my experience this issuer does not report anything on the AU.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on authorized users

Hey dude. Did they not require you to enter in the AU's SSN when you were registering him? I know most credit card providers require that. If you did enter in his SSN, that's where they would get his information from.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.