Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on myfico website get a credit card

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Question on myfico website get a credit card

I am trying to figure out how the myfico get a credit card feature works. Even if I put put scores of 650 it is showing blue/clear as options along with several citi cards which I thought would be tough to get. Is this selection real? Did any try this feature yet?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on myfico website get a credit card

I swear I got my Citi card because of having a good payment history on HD and Exxon (managed by citi)...  My EQ was 617 at the time (3 collections - 2 now deleted - and one of them was NEW (Verizon)
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't used it to apply for anything. I use it more as a research tool than anything....like whogavemecredit.com, etc.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

And this brings me to my next question???

Is the info on myfico card match correct or the finance globe?
On the financegloble you would need higher scores compared to what is said on myfico...
Message 4 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

On the financegloble you would need higher scores compared to what is said on myfico...
I've read that financeglobe scores are always higher than real-world.

The problem with all these sites that direct you by score is that they completely ignore every other factor, such as recent baddies, number of inqs, serious derogs, past history with lender, etc.

So maybe 650 with many years of spotless history will get you the clear and blue, but not with a more real-world history, shall we say. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

ash4557 wrote:

IMO:

financeglobe's scores run high, and the scores under "Get a Credit Card" run low.

Maybe to get a more realistic number, you could look up the card in both places and take the average of the two. Smiley Tongue
Message 6 of 16
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

cheddar wrote:

ash4557 wrote:

IMO:

financeglobe's scores run high, and the scores under "Get a Credit Card" run low.

Maybe to get a more realistic number, you could look up the card in both places and take the average of the two. Smiley Tongue

Hi Cheddar, how about you and me partner together and launch a new website for this task?
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:

cheddar wrote:

ash4557 wrote:

IMO:

Hi Cheddar, how about you and me partner together and launch a new website for this task?

Well, I'm sure there might be legal issues involved with just publishing the averages of two numbers found on two different websites and calling it your own data. Smiley Tongue

But I do tend to look at both of these sites when I'm making my own apping decisions (along with WGMC and various other outside sources).

Message 8 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

ash4557 wrote:

IMHO, financeglobe is awful, really awful. The scores they are recommending are off by as much as 100 points. WGMC, though some of the data is dated, is far more accurate. I have posted all of my results at WGMC and so have others mods and regulars at this forum.
Message 9 of 16
po3jjkb
Established Member

concorduser...hello!

from my experience with the myfico credit card feature...i applied for and received the amex blue (3700 cl). so from that experience...i'll say it works probably as it should (score-based). however, i do agree with "hauling" in that it probably doesn't factor in the other criteria that's considered when apping for a credit card.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.