Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re Payment History on Credit Report

tag
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

Question re Payment History on Credit Report

On my credit report with my AmEx card (been open since 10/10) it been reporting every month since then. However looking at my Experian (the bottom box for OK payments) it says OK for March, last month it was OK for February, and so on. I am guessing come April it will be OK for April and that March box will be blank. I was just curious if this is afecting my report negatively at all. I filed a dispute with Experian and nothing changed when my results were ready so I guessed I could reach out here.

A comparison is below.

Also, just saw my AmEx Costco posted as date opened 3/10 (making it my 3rd oldest TL - Have to love that AmEx backdating).

versus

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question re Payment History on Credit Report

Hi Smerri,

Where are you pulling this particular report from?

Message 2 of 12
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Smerri,

Where are you pulling this particular report from?

This is coming from Discover Credit Score Tracker.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 3 of 12
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

Bumping for ideas.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That looks exactly like my FreeCreditReport.com account page, let me log into my account and see how mine is listed, I'll get right back to you.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is how mine is at FreeCreditReport.com, I would assume you should have "OK's" for all the months you've paid on time.

Message 6 of 12
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 7 of 12
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

I am guessing it should say OK for previous months, I want to know if it is hurting my score at all.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Smerri1029 wrote:

I am guessing it should say OK for previous months, I want to know if it is hurting my score at all.

I do not see how it could hurt your score, the only thing I can think of is that, it could make your payment history look odd.

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help, hopefully one of the more knowledgeable members will chime in.

Best of Luck and keep us updated.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Smerri1029 wrote:

It's not hurting your score at all. It's just the way some of the third party vendors of credit reports display the data. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.