Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding moving limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question regarding moving limits

Hey everyone! I was just approved for the Apple Visa through Barclays. I was going to upgrade my phone to an apple but I have since changed my mind. I have had the mastercard rewards since May will the move the limit from the Apple to the Rewards? Is it to soon at ask? Does that require a SP? I have opened up quite a few new accounts this month and I dont want to spook them.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question regarding moving limits

No, it does not require any extra pull and you can do it immediately.  If they ask you why so soon, just tell them what you posted here thus you have changed your mind.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does it look on my credit report? This is the first time I have ever done this.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How does it look on my credit report? This is the first time I have ever done this.

The apple card will show as closed on your report with your other Barclay card increasing in limit... It does not look bad if that is what you are worried about..

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sambo, I just called this morning to do the very same thing. My Rewards card has a much higher limit, but the Apple Card I was approved for was a little lower. I called in today to recon to move Apple Credit limit to Rewards card and close Apple, and they increased my CL. Also offerd me the option of closing and moving CL or increasing credit limit. I accepted the credit limit increase.

I too, was concerned about calling them because I just opened 7 new Visas and Mastercards last week (all with high limits, so I'm a bit in shock- didn't quite expect). I've had a very good relationship with Barclay's thus far and did not want to mess it up.

A couple of inquiries had hit TU and they could probably see one new account, but not everything is showing yet. I think it's best to call them now if you are going to before all of your new accoint show. I udnerstand your fears aout inquiries and the new accounts. I have found with my Rewards however that as long as you keep your overall and individual utilization very low, use the Barclay's a lot nad make large payments, they didn't do anything crazy like AA. They just seem to like to have the usage and know they are special to you. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.