Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions About Closing Comenity Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions About Closing Comenity Cards

Hey myfico, hoping someone has some insight on how long it takes Comenity to report an account that is closed at Consumers Request? I closed all 4 of my cards with them on Sunday 10/2/16 around 5pm via the automated system. Have faxes from them showing accounts closed etc. Do they push through an update or wait for cycle date(s)? If they wait for cycle date(s) should I go ahead and dispute them with CRA's and use faxes as documentation speed up the process?

2 cards cycle around 7th and the other 2 around the 24th. 

Side note, 1 account already updated as closed today on my Ex Report.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions About Closing Comenity Cards

F
@Anonymous wrote:

Hey myfico, hoping someone has some insight on how long it takes Comenity to report an account that is closed at Consumers Request? I closed all 4 of my cards with them on Sunday 10/2/16 around 5pm via the automated system. Have faxes from them showing accounts closed etc. Do they push through an update or wait for cycle date(s)? If they wait for cycle date(s) should I go ahead and dispute them with CRA's and use faxes as documentation speed up the process?

2 cards cycle around 7th and the other 2 around the 24th. 

Side note, 1 account already updated as closed today on my Ex Report.

Just wait for the accounts to cycle and see if they report as closed then.  Filing a dispute takes time as well and isn't needed unless they aren't reported after they normally update.  Why are you in a hurry to have them reported as closed?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are really fast in reporting them closed. I've closed several. Make sure they report correctly though on the balance. I had to have them correct 2 of mine as they showed closed with a balance. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Part Answer:

1 - The accounts were useless, high apr, low limit visa's..Irregular CRA reporting by Comenity. Premptively closing because Comenity can be unpredictable, total of all 4 was only $11000. Even with those closed, I'm under 5% utilization.

2 - My Ritz-Carlton app went pending, and 4 days later Chase has still not hp any of the 3 cra's ...EQ was locked/frozen at time of app and consensus is that I'll be gettin a letter to unfreeze and call them. If I decide to go ahead with that, I'd rather they'd be showing closed than open

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.