Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about 2 Amex cards in one day with American Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about 2 Amex cards in one day with American Express

So a couple hours ago I was approved for the Amex BCE.

I'm wondering if I should go ahead and try for a 2nd card while the HP is hot. lol

My thinking is maybe getting a business card that won't report to the bureaus so that I don't have to worry about  too many new accounts.  

Any suggestions on which one to try.   Doesn't have to be a business card, just getting ideas.  Heres a link to the earlier approval for any data points that may help.  

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Is-today-April-Fools-Day-Amex-BCE-Approval/td-...

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about 2 Amex cards in one day with American Express

@Anonymous wrote:

So a couple hours ago I was approved for the Amex BCE.

I'm wondering if I should go ahead and try for a 2nd card while the HP is hot. lol

My thinking is maybe getting a business card that won't report to the bureaus so that I don't have to worry about  too many new accounts.  

Any suggestions on which one to try.   Doesn't have to be a business card, just getting ideas.  Heres a link to the earlier approval for any data points that may help.  

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Is-today-April-Fools-Day-Amex-BCE-Approval/td-p/4952656

Congrats on the approval.  YMMV when it comes to applying for 2 Amex accounts in the same day; from my own experience, I wanted the ED and BCE at the same time and was approved for the ED, but the BCE went pending and it ended up being a second HP, but I was denied for it.  It is my understanding that you're able to apply for a revolver and a charge card, but not 2 of the same kind. 

Message 2 of 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Questions about 2 Amex cards in one day with American Express

I understand revolver and charge but recently saw someone get 2 revolvers. Not sure about Business charge cards or which Amex cards are hidden, but if you want a charge card it may be worth the risk of hp. You might get lucky like many of us who got 2 for 1. Best of luckSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.