Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Comenity...

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Questions about Comenity...

So have I have  2 of there cards...well actually now 1 since Maurices just moved over to Cap One.  So now i only have 1 Comenity card VS... I've heard talk of people saying that they are finicky  with how many cards you have with them. Will someone please explain what trips there trigger so to speak...ie how many cards can you have with them before they start freaking out? I am rebuilding and I do have 2  Major Cards also. 

Thanks in Advance

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about Comenity...

Hi Cheryl:

So....Commenity is really touchy (amongst other things) on 2 major factors....numerous in house cards (cards backed by commenity) and inquiries. Since you only have one card with them the former would be moot...so....make sure you dont have tons of inquiries. They will soft pull (usually) you every month and...should they see numerous applications for credit....you may have a problem. Not written in stone...but has happened to many (MANY) of us.

Any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

Happy new year...be well Smiley Happy

Gregg

Message 2 of 8
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Cheryl:

So....Commenity is really touchy (amongst other things) on 2 major factors....numerous in house cards (cards backed by commenity) and inquiries. Since you only have one card with them the former would be moot...so....make sure you dont have tons of inquiries. They will soft pull (usually) you every month and...should they see numerous applications for credit....you may have a problem. Not written in stone...but has happened to many (MANY) of us.

Any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

Happy new year...be well Smiley Happy

Gregg

Hi Gregg,

Thank you for the info.  I had no idea about their issue with inq's.  Do we know what the  ball park range for both of these issues? Which by the way it cracks me up that they get freaked out about their own cards...but yet they issue them.....

When they get freaked out what do they do? Close the acct or lower the limit?

Happy New Year to you as well 

Cheryl 

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Cheryl....

Ballpark is ymmv.....how many inquiries do you have?

And thy close the account Smiley Sad

Gregg

Message 4 of 8
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Cheryl....

Ballpark is ymmv.....how many inquiries do you have?

And thy close the account Smiley Sad

Gregg

TU says 18 but 4 of those are when i was doing car shopping this past summer. EQ says 13 buy 8 again are for the car shopping..all done at 1 dealership and Ex is the same

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cheryl..

Id be easy with the inquiries for a while until they start to drop off...my 2 cents...but what the dealership did was ridiculous....no reason to pull your bureau so many times.

Gregg

Message 6 of 8
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

So far they have been very good with me (Knock on woods) I have 14 of their cards from when i started rebuilding last year june, and quite a few inq's (about 30+ TU and EX and 26 on EQ) and my total exposure with them right around $20K It all depends on your overall credit report. If you have a thick file they could be more forgiving. If you have a thin file and getting so many inq's then it is a different story. Any moment i am expecting an AA not due to the number of acocunts but due to some late payments on a few other accounts because of an ongoing divorce. I am planning to keep them open either until they do AA or i get to fix those lates. Then i will eventually start closing them one at a time.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 7 of 8
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

I've had the Eddie Bauer card since 2005. My scores were in the upper 700's from 2005 until I crashed and burned in 2010 but I could never get the limit above $850. I requested a CLI in the beginning of Dec when my scores were all back above 700 and still no go. I'm considering just closing it. It won't affect my utilization and will stay on my reports until 2027.

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.