Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about NFCU, Capital One, and Citibank CCs

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Questions about NFCU, Capital One, and Citibank CCs

I agree with @Kforce above. Your Cap One/Citi cards (especially Cap One) are unlikely to grow much, if at all.

As for your Navy CR, well yes, continued high utilization probably is why they won't extend any more credit. Navy is pretty good about not balance chasing you/shutting you down when in distress; however, that doesn't mean they'll just continue giving out CLIs either. I'm afraid your only option is to buckle down and pay down that card significantly (at least under 50%) before trying for a CLI again.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 11 of 14
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol, appreciate the humor! Sorry my questions are (inline) guys. @coldfusion @Gets the award for "finding" them, so we the rest of you guys are going to need some stronger coffee! Lol. But any word of advice on how to attack CLIs on each card. 91/3 has not worked for me. None of the 3 secured cards have graduated. And the only thing I can think of is the high utilization I'm carrying on the Cash Rewards that I needed due to Covid-19 setbacks. I'm sure I can get my 3rd card with Navy but I'd rather grow the second a little more at least before getting a 3rd. Questions..

What do you guys suggest on ways to grow these cards? 

Why do you think I'm getting hard time with CLIs?

Ok, I now have had plenty of coffee. 

You are having a hard time getting CLI because carrying a high balance for extended periods of time is a big risk to lenders. If you want to "grow" cards then you need to use your credit responsibly and carrying $1000s in balances doesn't make you look responsible (note I am not saying that you are not responsible just that your credit report is showing irresponsible behavior).

Make a plan to pay off your cards and CLI will come.

Message 12 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone, I have credit cards with Navy Federal, Capital One, and Citibank. Questions are as follows..

0/200 NFCU nRewards secured 03/2019

(Still hasn't unsecured 🤷‍♂️, maybe reason being my internal score is being held down with high utilization on Cash Rewards card?)

5,900/7,300 NFCU Cash Rewards 10/2019

(Originally 6,800 limit, 500 CLI 6months after opening, denied CLIs a couple times afterwards first reason being maximum amount of total credit. Possibly stagnant for two years for same reason carrying high balance?)

0/500 Capital One Platinum secured 03/2019

(Originally 200, CLI 1yr after opening with no additional deposit needed. Was happy with that as I don't expect this one to grow much.)

0/500 Capital One Quicksilver One 01/2020

(Denied CLIs a couple times, no HP so I'll keep trying?)

0/200 Citibank Diamond secured 03/2019

(Still hasn't unsecured 🤷‍♂️, same as Cap 1 and not expecting to grow much.)

No lates on either account. 

Fico scores:

Experian 641, Equifax 628, TransUnion 631

Did you start rebuilding in 2019? 

I'm curious as well @Anonymous.

Is all of rebuild complete or still ongoing? 

Message 13 of 14
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone, I have credit cards with Navy Federal, Capital One, and Citibank. Questions are as follows..

0/200 NFCU nRewards secured 03/2019

(Still hasn't unsecured 🤷‍♂️, maybe reason being my internal score is being held down with high utilization on Cash Rewards card?)

5,900/7,300 NFCU Cash Rewards 10/2019

(Originally 6,800 limit, 500 CLI 6months after opening, denied CLIs a couple times afterwards first reason being maximum amount of total credit. Possibly stagnant for two years for same reason carrying high balance?)

0/500 Capital One Platinum secured 03/2019

(Originally 200, CLI 1yr after opening with no additional deposit needed. Was happy with that as I don't expect this one to grow much.)

0/500 Capital One Quicksilver One 01/2020

(Denied CLIs a couple times, no HP so I'll keep trying?)

0/200 Citibank Diamond secured 03/2019

(Still hasn't unsecured 🤷‍♂️, same as Cap 1 and not expecting to grow much.)

No lates on either account. 

Fico scores:

Experian 641, Equifax 628, TransUnion 631

@Anonymous 

I am sorry but I don't see questions, do I just need more coffee or did you leave out the questions? 

Here you go...  *hands @dragontears a nice mug of freshly-brewed coffee* ...hope it helps. It didn't for me! Smiley Surprised

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.