cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path to Apple Card program for declined applicants

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Path to Apple Card - Apple wants to help if you're rejected.

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I got accepted into the program. I will keep knocking on that door until it opens

When did you last apply? I got denied 6/12/20 right before this program got launched. I'm trying to figure out do I need to apply again to trigger the path to Apple Card invite or not? 

I applied on the 30th and should be "done" in October according to them. 

Thank you so much for this info!  I appreciate it! 

I wouldn't be hard-pressed to apply for the card again just to get "in" the program. While this is probably a great idea by Apple to get GS to open up the application process to more users, it may not be actually workable for everyone. For example, they say that I need to pay down 6k in debt by October to meet their requirements. So paying down about 1500 a month in debt is possible for me but is that possible for everyone....I don't know. 

A step in the right direction? Absolutely!

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 21 of 56
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: Path to Apple Card - Apple wants to help if you're rejected.

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I got accepted into the program. I will keep knocking on that door until it opens

When did you last apply? I got denied 6/12/20 right before this program got launched. I'm trying to figure out do I need to apply again to trigger the path to Apple Card invite or not? 

I applied on the 30th and should be "done" in October according to them. 

I just applied again!  Hoping I can get invited to this program like you did.  I've wanted this card badly since learning early 2019 it was being created! I buy so much stuff from Apple it would be nice to get 3% back on it! Hopefully they'll invite me! 

Message 22 of 56
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Questions about Path to Apple Card

I was added to the Path to Apple Card today and was just curious if anybody else has gone through with it while having a security freeze placed on TransUnion? It seems to be a bit ridiculous for me, but I figured I would try. They want me to make on time payments for 4 months and then reduce my outstanding debt to below $649, which it's only at $927. I'll try it out and keep you guys updated on how it goes for me. I guess I'll be getting a link to apply in January as well under the path to apple card program terms.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 23 of 56
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Questions about Path to Apple Card

I haven't seen much about this program other than I think it's recently created 

Since the approval is via TU SP with a Chexsystems verify, it would "make sense" that if you got the debt down sooner or as timely as their looking, app'ing again on your own would work without waiting for an invite. 

When you do App, not only will it tell you if you can be approved, it will tell you your SL and APR before doing the HP so you can chose whether to accept their offer or not. 

Best of luck!

Message 24 of 56
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

I haven't seen much about this program other than I think it's recently created 

Since the approval is via TU SP with a Chexsystems verify, it would "make sense" that if you got the debt down sooner or as timely as their looking, app'ing again on your own would work without waiting for an invite. 

When you do App, not only will it tell you if you can be approved, it will tell you your SL and APR before doing the HP so you can chose whether to accept their offer or not. 

Best of luck!

That's what I was curious about! I just know online they said that there are different approval criteria upon completion of the program, so I wasn't sure if I should keep the program open or apply again when I lower my debt.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 25 of 56
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Since the program is so new, less than 90 days ago, I haven't seen any posts about people using the program as their path. As their path for you was planned as 4 months long, we may not see success stories just yet IMHO.

Sorry I can't offer more info. The fact that their approval process is exclusively SP then HP upon acceptance, it's worth a shot if you lower your debt sooner than they are looking for. 

Message 26 of 56
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Since the program is so new, less than 90 days ago, I haven't seen any posts about people using the program as their path. As their path for you was planned as 4 months long, we may not see success stories just yet IMHO.

Sorry I can't offer more info. The fact that their approval process is exclusively SP then HP upon acceptance, it's worth a shot if you lower your debt sooner than they are looking for. 

I'll look into it and see. I have wanted this card for a bit so maybe I'll just wait and see what they say come January.

Message 27 of 56
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Matt9543 wrote:

I was added to the Path to Apple Card today and was just curious if anybody else has gone through with it while having a security freeze placed on TransUnion? It seems to be a bit ridiculous for me, but I figured I would try. They want me to make on time payments for 4 months and then reduce my outstanding debt to below $649, which it's only at $927. I'll try it out and keep you guys updated on how it goes for me. I guess I'll be getting a link to apply in January as well under the path to apple card program terms.

Confused. Your scores are mid-700's, so I'm not clear why you would see any problem getting an Apple Card offer?

Is your TU frozen and that prevented GS from getting any score info? Maybe unfreeze TU to see whether an offer is available after a few days?

The "Path", from my understanding is for those with serious credit challenges, not mid-700. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 28 of 56
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Matt9543 wrote:

Confused. Your scores are mid-700's, so I'm not clear why you would see any problem getting an Apple Card offer?

Is your TU frozen and that prevented GS from getting any score info? Maybe unfreeze TU to see whether an offer is available after a few days?

The "Path", from my understanding is for those with serious credit challenges, not mid-700. 

Hey, thanks for the info. When GS pulled my credit, it came up as a 731. I am not sure if it is just GS way of trying to approve more people. I believe it's an income issue more than anything. Silly enough as I had mentioned, they wanted me to pretty much pay my overall debt down to below $649, and my overall debt right now is $927. I'm assuming they just require everybody in the proogram to maintain 4 months of good payment history. Which makes me wonder if I were to pay down that debt by, lets say next month, would I then be approved? It's all really kinda of confusing how GS determines their approvals and denials.

Message 29 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a variable that you haven't shared because I agree this is not logical with your posted scores and limits?  You referenced an income concern and certainly that would be a factor if your income is very limited to non-existent. 

You have 5k and 10k limits with great bank/CU creditors. Bringing down your "debt" under $650 would require to pay in full prior to statement closing. Such a low number is well below what a lender is expected to see reporting as monthly spend to support those credit limits. 

If Apple/GS is so concerned about you having essentially no use of credit being reported, I cannot imagine you being offered a credit line to do more than purchase a few packs of gum. Certainly not a large enough limit that utilizes the no interest financing of Apple products.

Good luck

Message 30 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.