Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path to Apple Card program for declined applicants

tag
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Re: Questions about Path to Apple Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a variable that you haven't shared because I agree this is not logical with your posted scores and limits?  You referenced an income concern and certainly that would be a factor if your income is very limited to non-existent. 

You have 5k and 10k limits with great bank/CU creditors. Bringing down your "debt" under $650 would require to pay in full prior to statement closing. Such a low number is well below what a lender is expected to see reporting as monthly spend to support those credit limits. 

If Apple/GS is so concerned about you having essentially no use of credit being reported, I cannot imagine you being offered a credit line to do more than purchase a few packs of gum. Certainly not a large enough limit that utilizes the no interest financing of Apple products.

Good luck

Everything I shared was what I was told. Usually the responses I get when applying are "your monthly debt obligations are too high compared to your income" I did check it out tho, reducing my overall debt to below $649 does put me at debt to income ratio of below 30%. So that may be what they're looking for?

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 31 of 56
NRB525
Super Contributor

Well, often we reach a point in these discussions where we can't answer why the bank did something. Smiley Happy

Let us know how the Path works out. It's probably worth checking as soon as you get the reported balances lower.

$900 is, after all, high debt... sarcastic eye roll to follow.

Good luck. Apple Card is a good one to get. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 32 of 56
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

Well, often we reach a point in these discussions where we can't answer why the bank did something. Smiley Happy

Let us know how the Path works out. It's probably worth checking as soon as you get the reported balances lower.

$900 is, after all, high debt... sarcastic eye roll to follow.

Good luck. Apple Card is a good one to get. 

I'll most likely have that paid off by the end of this month and I'll try again. We'll see how they decide to react, then!

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 33 of 56
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Could it be a DTI issue?

Just throwing a guess into the ring......

Let us know how it turns out, regardless of what you decide to do.....

-J

Message 34 of 56
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Good Luck OP!

Message 35 of 56
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

My TU is frozen and I got the "unlock your credit" message....I don't think that's your issue. Waiting to hear your results before I unlock mine.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 36 of 56
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

My TU is frozen and I got the "unlock your credit" message....I don't think that's your issue. Waiting to hear your results before I unlock mine.

When I did the original application, I had my credit unlocked. I ended up enrolling into the "Path to Apple Card" program, but was originally curious if I needed to keep my credit unlocked for that program. I'm going to just try though and apply again once I lower my utilization.

Message 37 of 56
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

What did you receive an email inviting you to the path program??? I've been trying 4-5 months for this card and I always get the "cannot verify information provided" message. 

GS is strange. 

Message 38 of 56
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Do you have any issue with Chexsystems @Dmessina666 ?

During the app process, they SP TU and verify you with Chexsystems. 
Go to their site and pull a free report to see if their info matches with you and TU,  that could be your problem IMO.

Message 39 of 56
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

I did, my Chexsystems is in the clear. No blemishes, no bad marks, nothing. It's not frozen either. Looks like I might have to call Apple Card Services and see what's up. Thanks 

Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.